Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Do I need a review on my HRT regime???  (Read 1442 times)

Julia Dizzy

Do I need a review on my HRT regime???
« on: January 13, 2022, 01:58:47 PM »

Hello ladies,
Have been on HRT since Sept 2019, after suffering 10 years of hot flushes without any HRT. Last period 2009. I'm 65 now and have been using Estradot 50 patches and 100mg oral Utrogestan every night. I have also taken a blob of Tostran gel twice a week for the last couple of months.

I had a bowel resection last July which removed a cancerous tumour - and have recently finished "belt and braces" chemo from which I am still recovering, it's been a hell of a journey to say the least.

My question really is - my hot flushes are controlled on this HRT regime, but I still have generalised anxiety and a lot of bone/muscle issues with really bad knees, hips and shoulders. I was under a local NHS menopause clinic initially after my GP saying I was too old for HRT at 62(!) >:(....but they seem to have stopped appointments since the pandemic, so haven't seen anyone about HRT. My GP isn't much use as you can guess.

Any advice for me please? Thank you.

Jenny j

Re: Do I need a review on my HRT regime???
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2022, 08:18:16 AM »

I do hope you find some help with your problems Julia and wish I could help but I'm writing to say I no how frustrating it is when you have been so poorly and having to deal with menopause the GP I have is hopeless I'm at my wits end after 3 months with no HRT and trying to cope.