Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: new to the forum  (Read 1362 times)

hotandbothered

• First Flush
new to the forum
« on: January 10, 2022, 12:41:19 PM »

Hi I am new here. I have recently decided it is time for me to get HRT and got a prescription for estrogel and utrogestan but my local pharmacy say there is a national shortage of estrogel and they don't know when they will have any in stock. Is anyone else affected by this shortage? I am in Sussex.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 12:43:38 PM »

:welcomemm:  morning, pity that the Pharmacist didn't recommend an alternative  ::)

Hopefully someone on that regime will be along.  Tell us more about yourself, i.e. age, work, iifestyle ...... we talk about everything on here!

hotandbothered

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2022, 01:02:54 PM »

:welcomemm:  morning, pity that the Pharmacist didn't recommend an alternative  ::)

Hopefully someone on that regime will be along.  Tell us more about yourself, i.e. age, work, iifestyle ...... we talk about everything on here!

Thanks for the welcome! I am 58 and have been having hot flushes for 5 years.no periods for the last 4 years or so but the main reason for me requesting HRT is the fluctuations in blood sugar that I have - I am a type 1 diabetic and I am really struggling with the roller coaster of sugars up and down np pattern and not connected to exercise or food.
I am considering asking for Lenzetto spray as an alternative to the estrogel. I am reluctant to use patches as I use an insulin pump and cgm and these are stuck to my abdomen, legs, bum etc and need rotating so haven't got a lot of space for a patch.

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 01:28:06 PM »

Hi!  👋. What does the diabetic nurse suggest, there may be info. on the Diabetic websites too.  You can send a personal e-mail to Dr Currie for a fee asking a single question or ask for a referral from your GP to a dedicated menopause clinic i.e. Dr Louise Newson. 

Let us know how you get on.

hotandbothered

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 01:47:35 PM »

My diabetes Consultant has advised a trial of HRT and is very helpful and supportive. The only stumbling block seems to be this shortage so I will see if the GP can prescribe Lenzetto spray as an alternative.

CLKD

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 02:56:34 PM »

Let us know how you get on.