Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advice plse...confused by my symptoms  (Read 1045 times)

Annies

Advice plse...confused by my symptoms
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:45:48 AM »

I haven't posted here for some time but would really appreciate some MM wisdom! Feel like I'm going crazy- have been on estrogel 1-2 pumps for 18 mths or so plus daily 100mg utro. After a bumpy start, finally felt more human with less dreadful insomnia ( continual waking type...) which has plagued me forever. Energy was better too. Periods had kept going every 3-5 wks ish.
However...past 2-3 mths have been awful again. Periods have stopped and feels like it's all fallen apart again. Insomnia evil, breasts constantly sore/swollen ( & noticeably larger as I'm fairly tiny so makes a big diff), tummy unusually bloated and feeling generally fragile.
My own hormones have clearly shifted as per lack of periods so am I likely to feel better on upping estrogel to 3 pumps as advised in my recent meno consult (Newson) or could this make me feel worse? I'm tempted to request blood test to check estro level but is this at all helpful as such a volatile snapshot??? I've convinced myself that sore breasts & continual waking up are caused by too  much estrogel even tho on just 2 pumps, so making it v difficult for me to take the advice to increase to 3. Was told by consult that some women use up to 8 pumps!!!! Really?
Any advice really appreciated, feeling v down about all this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 10:53:25 AM by Annies »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Advice plse...confused by my symptoms
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 12:42:15 PM »

Hi.  Maybe add a pump twice a week with a few nights in between, hormones don't usually drop off suddenly.  Adding an extra pump then wait; maybe 3 nights and see how your body has reacted?  Do U keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress, ups and downs? 

Annies

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »

Thanks for the advice @CKLD. Yes I might give something like that a go, tho slightly wary of using inconsistent amounts as always been very sensitive to changes in meds & levels. It's just the wretched sleep that's a killer, can tolerate other symptoms....do you no think then that constantly sore boobs is an estrogen excess symptom? So hard to gauge which hormone might be the culprit or maybe just the fact of an imbalance??

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2022, 03:24:20 PM »

Did your problems start after a covid jab or covid? It's been known to upset things. Why are you on a contoli regime? If you're not meno (a year without a bleed) you should be on a sequi regime.