Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Changing from estrogel to evorel sequi, confused when to switch.  (Read 744 times)

Ches15

Hi, looking for advice  :). I saw my dr last week to say my estrogel/utrogeston regime was not working anymore. Menopause symptoms had returned and having heavy periods at irregular times in the month.
The Dr has recommended evorel sequi instead and I’m willing to give it a go. Her advice was to finish my current cycle of estrogel and utrogeston first then do the switch.
However, this has been complicated by the fact that I have started a heavy period today which is only day 15 of my cycle and the day that I’m meant to start taking utrogeston(2 tabs days 15-26). I feel like i have no cycle to follow and can’t see the benefit of taking the utrogeston still if I don’t need to. Has anyone else experienced similar?

Hurdity

Re: Changing from estrogel to evorel sequi, confused when to switch.
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 10:53:01 AM »

Hi Ches15 - sorry to hear about your bleeding problems. It's still important to take the utrogestan as you don't know the cause of your bleeding. I would carry on with the HRT cycle as recommended by your doc and start the Evorel sequi and see how it goes for a couple of months. You mya or may not get an extra bleed when you stop the utro. If you're still out of sync then you can adjust later?

Hurdity x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 11:48:17 AM »

Hurdity on a different thread this is the second month with a mid-cycle bleed. Assuming it's genuine period and her own cycle is out of step with the hrt one do you still think she should continue the cycle and why? I have always stopped utro when a bleed started and started counting again on the basis that 1. The cycles are brought back in step 2. You don't need the prog as you are already bleeding 3. At worst it may interrupt the flow (though probably not?). Some people recommend completing the utro course but I don't understand why.

On the basis that the bleed is a genuine period I would change to the oestrogen only sequi patch today. If meno symptoms were controlled and are now creeping back in it's likely your own oestrogen supply is decreasing so you need a higher dose (unless you've had a covid jab or covid as that seems to make hrt less effective for some women). As you're starting with a different hrt you may absorb differently so should wait for the 3 months before increasing.

Ches15

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2022, 12:25:21 PM »

Thanks for the input. I’m waiting on blood tests back to check for anaemia and thyroid because of the fainting although i guess it’s just my hormones out of whack tbh! I might ask if the gp can give me a call back to ask them for advice but I’m guessing that they won’t be very clued up about it and will just make it a personal preference thing. I’m inclined to not want to take the utrogeston as it really knocks me out and gives me weird dreams. The only other option I’ve considered is to go ‘cold turkey’ for a month till i get another period.