Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Not a Forum member? You can still subscribe to our Free Newsletter

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bijuve HRT now approved combined Bio identical capsule in UK  (Read 8686 times)

pepperminty

Re: Bijuve HRT now approved combined Bio identical capsule in UK
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 08:30:34 AM »

I have now looked at Hurdity's reply clearly as my meno brain is working a little better today!

It is interesting that food can also effect the absorption of estrogen and that it appears to take several days to reach a consistent level - if I have read it right.

I wonder that some ladies who have bleeding issues on a non bleed regime with Utrogestan would be better taking it with food to increase it's strength? Instead of doubling the dose? So you can take Bijuve or Utrogestan with or without food but it will have a different metabolic time course in the body (known as pharmacokinetic properties - as written in the SPC info!).
- is metabolic rate the strength and the time it takes to get into the body or both?

PMXX

Perinowpost

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2022, 01:00:09 PM »

I can report Bijuve is not yet available in Spain (at least near me), they’d not heard of it. Not surprisingly really with a being a new product x

Hurdity

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2022, 05:41:55 PM »

I have now looked at Hurdity's reply clearly as my meno brain is working a little better today!

It is interesting that food can also effect the absorption of estrogen and that it appears to take several days to reach a consistent level - if I have read it right.

I wonder that some ladies who have bleeding issues on a non bleed regime with Utrogestan would be better taking it with food to increase it's strength? Instead of doubling the dose? So you can take Bijuve or Utrogestan with or without food but it will have a different metabolic time course in the body (known as pharmacokinetic properties - as written in the SPC info!).
- is metabolic rate the strength and the time it takes to get into the body or both?

PMXX

The actual dose worked out the same according to my interpretation of the SPC pharmacokinetics I quoted ie with oestrogen food doesn't make any different to the actual outcome in terms of the amount in the body but just the time it takes. Most HRT I think takes several days to reach steady state concentration in the body.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2022, 06:18:09 PM »

Thank you Hurdity - the time I see. x

PMXX

The actual dose worked out the same according to my interpretation of the SPC pharmacokinetics I quoted ie with oestrogen food doesn't make any different to the actual outcome in terms of the amount in the body but just the time it takes. Most HRT I think takes several days to reach steady state concentration in the body.

Hurdity x

pepperminty

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2022, 06:19:07 PM »

I can report Bijuve is not yet available in Spain (at least near me), they’d not heard of it. Not surprisingly really with a being a new product x

Thank you Perinowpost x

sphere27

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 05:56:05 PM »

Yes I just saw another post re this new hrt? Wonder if taking it orally will have the horrid progesterone side effects. I need to take vaginally! Would rather take orally but Jyst does not agree with me. Good new options coming in.

Hurdity

« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2022, 09:29:07 AM »

If you have side effects from oral intake of progesterone  then it is likely you also will with this preparation - but depends how much you normally take. The amount of prog in Bijuve is 100 mg so the same as the dose for continuous use when taken separately. Might be worth a try though if the oestrogen corresponds with your usual dose?

Hurdity x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2022, 05:42:12 PM »

:bouncing: for new member
Pages: 1 [2]