Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Raging appetite!  (Read 2244 times)

Postmeno3

Raging appetite!
« on: January 02, 2022, 10:32:31 AM »

Hi there, ladies and sending well-wishing for 2022.
I just wonder if postmeno ladies, possibly restarting oestrogen after a long break or for the first time, find an increase in appetite as a symptom? This has just developed over the past month or so with me, co-inciding with starting Oestrogel, one pump. I find I am hungry within an hour or two max of eating and constantly thinking of what I can have next! It's just so not me and, as nothing else has changed, can only put it down to the switch from Evorel25 to the gel. Hoping it's a temporary thing, a sign of absorption whilst not being a high enough dose yet, but very curious about your experience. Thank you! 😊

Gnatty

Re: Raging appetite!
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 06:52:02 PM »

Are you feeling happier, more contented? For me, having a raging appetite is actually a good indicator for mental well-being, since anxiety always makes me nauseous and puts me off my food.

VictoryV

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 09:40:56 PM »

I feel the same, constantly hungry. I’ve felt like this since starting HRT and can’t have any sugary or snack stuff in the house. I’ve never felt like this before and am hoping it’s a side effect that goes soon.
I don’t eat until my stomach growls as I can’t trust my brain!

Postmeno3

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2022, 10:46:26 PM »

Gnatty, thanks for replying. I wish your suggestion was the case, but, sadly, it's not. It's the strangest thing to happen to someone not a comfort-eater and for whom nothing else has changed, but to Oestrogel.
So, VictoriaV, you and I are in the same boat and from what looks like the same trigger. Very interesting! 🤔

Postmeno3

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2022, 01:47:58 PM »

Raging appetite stopped almost immediately on stopping Oestrogel! 🧐