Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: How crucial is it to have same day to change patch?  (Read 1004 times)

mandypepe

How crucial is it to have same day to change patch?
« on: January 06, 2022, 01:44:14 PM »

Hi, I’m now on femseven conti. They seem to be helping so far apart from the not sticking.

It says on the leaflet if one comes off then to apply another but to swap it on the change over day (Wednesday for me). This is great if it’s a one off failing. But A few came off leading up to my change day and then on my change day I had to take the patch off and put a new one on because the leaflet says to change on change over day. Then that came off and then another came off so the change day was a waste of time really. This one has now been on since Monday and I didn’t swap it on Wednesday as it’s stuck on good and chances are another would come off after a few days.
So, I’m thinking if any do stick for up to 7 days then to just have that as the change day as chances are several patches a week are going to be used so official change day is out the window. So long as if a miracle does happen and it stays stuck on for 7 days, to change it.

Am I messing up the balance of hormones if I don’t now have a specific change over day even though I may need quite a few patches re applying in a week?
Sorry it’s confusing. It seems stupid that a patch can’t stick so it messes up its own requirements.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 01:46:29 PM by mandypepe »

sheila99

Re: How crucial is it to have same day to change patch?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 06:24:16 PM »

Have you read the posts on getting patches to stick? Try a search (clean, dry skin, no bath oil or hais conditioner on skin, hold down firmly with palm to apply a bit of heat etc). Not sure if yours should be replaced once or twice a week but given the rate you're going through them I would leave them on until they expire as long as you can remember the new change day. If you continue to have problems perhaps change to gel.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 07:07:28 PM »

Hello Mandypepe. I just wanted to say that I am on femi conti too and the patches would not stay on for me. I bought Tegaderm dressings and they have helped the patches to stick a lot better. If one falls off then after replacing it, I start recounting the 7 days to avoid going through a lot more patches.

Hurdity

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 08:42:22 PM »

Absolutely as flossieteacake! When mine come off early I just reset the count otherwise you end up wasting patches. On conti HRT it is fine - if you were on sequi HRT then it woud be important to take the conti patches for the right amount of days compared with the oestrogen only ones but you dont need to worry!

Hurdity x

mandypepe

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 10:00:55 PM »

Thank you to you all for helping. This patch since Monday has stayed on the longest and I really dried my skin before hand, warmed the patch with my hand and put it on a less foldy area and where it  can be protected under my pants so all this may be helping. (I don’t use any soaps or creams to wash with). Today I’ve ordered the Tegaderm to try just Incase. I’m glad I don’t have to be concerned about the change days as apart from the not sticking I’m finding I’m liking these patches so far so I will just keep it on as long as it sticks up to 7 days and ignore my change day.
I was on evorel conti (patches) at first and they were great for sticking but they started to not be quite as effective for some of my symptoms. I then tried elleste duet conti (tablet) and they really weren’t suitable for me making me feel very suicidal and some real weird psychosis paranoia thoughts. So now on femseven conti and I feel really good.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 07:29:47 AM »

Thank you to you all for helping. This patch since Monday has stayed on the longest and I really dried my skin before hand, warmed the patch with my hand and put it on a less foldy area and where it  can be protected under my pants so all this may be helping. (I don’t use any soaps or creams to wash with). Today I’ve ordered the Tegaderm to try just Incase. I’m glad I don’t have to be concerned about the change days as apart from the not sticking I’m finding I’m liking these patches so far so I will just keep it on as long as it sticks up to 7 days and ignore my change day.
I was on evorel conti (patches) at first and they were great for sticking but they started to not be quite as effective for some of my symptoms. I then tried elleste duet conti (tablet) and they really weren’t suitable for me making me feel very suicidal and some real weird psychosis paranoia thoughts. So now on femseven conti and I feel really good.

It is great you have found something that suits you. I hope the tegaderm helps.  :)