Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: I'm not crazy?  (Read 848 times)

Lelle28

• First Flush
I'm not crazy?
« on: January 06, 2022, 11:12:05 AM »

I feel very alone at the moment! Suffering with my perimenopause and trying to get my hormones balanced. It is a hard journey. I feel as if the old, normal me has been totally destroyed.
I have a 20 year old daughter who thinks I am mad. I have tryed explaining myself on numerous occasions but think she has now had enough. My mum never experiened menopause due to health reasons and so she is completely oblivious to the point of no longer caring. My partner is the only one I can talk to. He is amazing. However, I still feel very lonely and depressed with it all.
I hope someone can relate to this.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I'm not crazy?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2022, 11:54:33 AM »

Yep.  Yep. Yep.  Your teen won't understand as she has no empthathy  ::).  Her time will arrive ;-). No, no, nope - you are not crazy !

:welcomemm:   Some find that keeping a mood/symptom/food diary of use to chart progress.

How old are you, how are your periods?  Any other symptoms that you would like to tackle.  It's The Change, does what it says on the tin  ::)

There is a 'hints for husbands' on the Forum to print and hand over: 1 to your partner the other to your daughter.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 03:31:51 PM by CLKD »

Sfifties

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2022, 01:41:32 PM »

No you are not crazy!
I can totally relate to your situation.
I have a 14 year old and she keeps telling me to “chill” and what’s wrong with you …
I am aware that i have been more irritable and sometimes lack the patience to deal with her ( doesn’t help that she loses stuff , forgets things to do and general house rules and thinks she knows best ..)  that started in peri and continuing in meno   
as only recently started hrt and still experiencing most of the symptoms apart from the flushes .
I wish i had started doing something about it in peri , so you are lucky you can adress your symptoms early on.

Hormones play such a huge role in the female behaviour, i have noticed that we only  “fight” before her cycle as she herself is like another  person then , irritable , gets annoyed and her attitude combined with my issues is a disaster .
I can see all the pms symptoms .
20 is a more mature age and you should be able to talk to her , finding the right time .
It’s great your partner he’s supportive  .
You said you are trying to get your hormones balanced , do u want to share what you are doing or taking ?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 02:06:00 PM by Sfifties »

Sfifties

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2022, 01:48:02 PM »

CKLD where or how do i find the hint fot husband please ?
Thanks

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2022, 03:32:07 PM »

I'll bump it 4 you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 08:23:07 AM by CLKD »

Gilla999

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2022, 04:23:29 PM »

My mum said (I quote) "We didn't have this perimenopause nonsense in my day, we just had to pull our socks up and get on with it."
  >:(  >:(  >:(
There's nothing worse than being made to feel like YOU'RE the problem from people close to you, whether it's mum/child/spouse etc. Speaking to other people through this forum and realising I am not just "being difficult" and this is A Thing a lot of women are going through, has helped psychologically so much.

You are not crazy!

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2022, 04:43:52 PM »

You are amongst friends  ;)

Polpringle

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2022, 09:44:09 PM »

You’re not alone ((hugs)) I made my daughters sit and watch the Davina documentary with me and it helped them understand just a little of what was happening x