Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Bad experience with doctor  (Read 765 times)

Sarah S

• First Flush
Bad experience with doctor
« on: January 07, 2022, 04:03:32 PM »

Hi All,

New member here! I joined after having a casual chat with a woman at the local swimming baths after she noticed my box of patches which I had been using a couple of weeks. She mentioned this forum and how useful she found it and really helpful, especially after the initial issues I had. It took me a year to finally go to the doctors after experiencing extreme symtoms which were affecting my day to day life, not to mention my marriage!! I had taken the patches to the swimming baths after being told I could just take it off and put back on after swimming ( as it bloody doesnt stay on!!!) This clearly is not an option!! I was also told that patches were the only option. Couldnt take the combined because of family history and that the gel was not available on the NHS. In fact I would not even have the patches at all if I hadnt refused to leave the surgery when the doctor flately refused to give me anything based on the fact that my mother had breast cancer!!!! How ill informed she was and how much distress this caused me!!

After speaking to the woman she told me that she uses the gel and it is available on NHS and should go back to the doctor. Well I wasnt going to do that as I had lost all faith in her. I went to a pharmacist who adviced me of a nurse who would be better informed and made an appointment immediately. What a stark contrast to the advise she gave me compared to the doctor. I now have my gel and will start today and I will let you know how I get on.....
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 04:09:27 PM by Sarah S »

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bad experience with doctor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 04:13:16 PM »

Well done on persevering :-)

:welcomemm:  GPs remain under-informed.  GPs should go on a 12 month course on peri-menopause!  They do after all go on sabbaticals for other conditions.

Read round.  Ask away.  We don't bite ;-).  We talk about everything, even menopause  ;)

Your GP is well out of order,  >:( she should read up on menopause.  Her turn will come  ;D.  Once you get into a regime I would make an appt. and tell her exactly what you have found useful!!!! 

Do read the 'bladder issues' and those relating to 'vaginal atrophy', 4warned is 4armed. I've bounced both this week.