Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Nuvaring  (Read 871 times)

Nicola Winter

Nuvaring
« on: January 12, 2022, 08:16:31 AM »

I was on Nuvaring for 15 years but for the past 2 I've had peri symptoms. Nuvaring contains etonogestrel (13-ethyl-17-hydroxy-11-methylene-18,19-dinor-17α-pregn-4-en-20-yn-3-one). I've stopped Nuvaring and now have Estrogel 2 pumps a day and Uterogestan 11 days a month plus daily Cerazette POP. I'm only on the second month of HRT but I now have a different set of symptoms. How will I ever arrive at the correct doses of things to feel 'normal'? It all seems so hit and miss from what I've been reading. For the last few years I've had terrible insomnia, constant headaches, chronic sinusitis, fatigue, mild IBS, no libido and low mood. Now I have a massively bloated tummy, acne, extreme lethargy and fatigue and really sore and enlarged boobs. Plus I was bleeding for nearly 2 full weeks the first month.

Hurdity

Re: Nuvaring
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2022, 05:34:41 PM »

Thats a lot of progestogen. Maybe too much? I understand the need for contraception which utrogestan does not provide but maybe the contraceptive pill would be better - the ones with estradiol in (Qlaira or Zoely - if you're under 50) - unless you would rather not take a pill? Otherwise perhaps a Mirena coil which provides endometrial protection as well as contraception, and less is absorbed systemically than with oral preparations?

Hurdity x