Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Paying for a womb scan  (Read 6557 times)

sheila99

Re: Paying for a womb scan
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 09:06:54 PM »

There's a thread on it somewhere, there are places that do it for a lot less than that. Might be worth a search or perhaps a new post asking for cheaper options. Sorry I can't remember who posted or anything specific to search on.

VictoryV

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 09:16:20 PM »

There's a thread on it somewhere, there are places that do it for a lot less than that. Might be worth a search or perhaps a new post asking for cheaper options. Sorry I can't remember who posted or anything specific to search on.

I remember the thread too, I think Hurdity posted about the place and it was under £100.

applejack

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 02:23:14 PM »

Nas, I went through this last year from Feb to November. Medical intervention was an absolute clown car at times but long story short - I eventually had a mirena put in after polyp removal. I really didn't want one as I felt weird about having something in there and what if it fell out or didn't work and I had to faff about getting it removed, but apart from some bleeding after insertion, then a full on period for two weeks, it's been fine. It's like someone turned a tap off about 6 weeks ago and I've been bleed free since then.

I was on 100 utrogestan daily, and, at the time the bleeding started, 50 estradot patch. I went as high as 200 utrogestan daily and it just wasn't going to happen. I was worried as hell but it got sorted. If you're offered a coil it's worth considering.

Nas

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 06:03:52 PM »

Thanks all, appreciate your advice.
Well I’ve been forgotten about clearly, as no phone all, nothing. I can’t be bothered to chase it right now, so what ever will be, will be; cancer, no cancer, who knows!

I’m not paying £550, don’t have that kind of money unfortunately. Be it on their shoulders if I’m sick.

Nas

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 08:16:53 PM »

Thanks minus,
Just did a quick google search and there is an ultra sound direct within an hours drive, with appointments this week.

I may investigate tomorrow!

Thanks 😊

ElkWarning

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 08:40:26 PM »

Awwww, chin up, chick.  Literally nothing useful to say, but thinking of you.

EK

Nas

« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2022, 09:33:47 PM »

Thanks Elk,
Im going to book a private scan.
Thanks for checking in on me ☺ and thanks Minus for that info! 😊

Nas

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 05:35:39 PM »

Hi again,
Well, I rang gynae (NHS) and they said they were in the process of updating their rota and were going to offer me a scan appointment next week. Do I trust what they say and wait a bit longer, or go ahead and try and book privately (could be seen on Sunday potentially).

sheila99

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 06:04:59 PM »

Book the private scan for the following week and cancel if the nhs one comes up? If they offer you one next week on the 2 week pathway personally I'd wait for that (yes, I'm tight fisted) but it sounds a little bit like the cheque's in the post

Nas

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 07:11:35 PM »

Private booked for Sunday. Thank god!

IF I ever get offered an NHS one, will attend that too!

🙂

ElkWarning

« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2022, 09:27:17 PM »

Glad to hear it. Hopefully the NHS will get back to you tomorrow. Good knows why they can't seem to take account of how stressful this all is.

Hurdity

« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:09 AM »

In my previous experience ultrasound direct do the full post-meno scan which includes a blood test for ovarian cancer as i recall but Im sure you can just get a uterus scan for less ie for the basic thickness?

Just had a look and you can get one for £90

"Pelvic Scan
Endometrial Thickness¹
20 minute appointment for women of child bearing age, detailed scan of the endometrium, empty bladder pre-scan preparation required."

There is nothing stopping anyone getting one of these even if post-menopausal I would have said, if its just thickness you want measured.

This is what is says about the post-meno one:

"Pelvic Scan
Post Menopause¹
30 minute appointment for post menopausal women, detailed scan of pelvic area and blood test for CA125 marker (ovarian cancer screening), clear fluids pre-scan preparation required "

Good luck Nas and I hope the NHS appointment comes up soon!

Hurdity x

VictoryV

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2022, 10:23:55 AM »

Thanks Hurdity, I’m booking now.  :)

Nas

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2022, 12:57:16 PM »

Are you having a womb scan too Victoria? X

VictoryV

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2022, 01:05:42 PM »

Yes, decided it’s time to start looking after myself. Until I can trade this body in I need it to last another 40+ years!
Good luck with your scan, have the NHS contacted yet?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4