Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Oestrogel after colon cancer  (Read 1753 times)

Julia Dizzy

Re: Oestrogel after colon cancer
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2021, 01:52:31 PM »

Hi anon2021,
So pleased to hear the news about your scan, that is marvellous! Sorry to hear you are still struggling with the dreaded sweats!  ::) Hope you managed to have a good Christmas! I'm still on Estradot 50, Utrogestan 100mg orally at night and Tostran gel 3 times a week - it seems to be keeping my hot sweats under control.

My oncologist stopped my chemo 5 weeks ago after 3 rounds out of 4, as I was so ill with horrible side effects. Couldn't go out of the house or do anything. Even my teeth and mouth tingled and buzzed. She said I wasn't having quality of life and one nurse said she hadn't known anyone have so many side effects!

I am very slowly recovering and hope they will all eventually settle down, still not been out of the house so Christmas was just me and hubby! I am due a CT scan in a week and a follow up appt with the surgeon at the end of January - then another appt with the oncologist in February. I just hope the belt and braces chemo I had was enough to make sure nothing else comes back, but I guess that would always be a niggle at the back of the mind??

I wish you all the very best and a better new year - and let's hope it's a good one for us all! :-*

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Oestrogel after colon cancer
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2021, 01:54:33 PM »

I would get the niggle prior to scans etc., recently my breast has been sore in various places  ::).  I can book a mammogram from next week, the letter inviting me along arrived on my birthday  >:(  ;D.  if it wasn't on the operation breast ............

"tamoxifen" almost killed me so I can understand you stopping the chemo..  :foryou:  Julia
Pages: 1 [2]