Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Covid vaccine and HRT  (Read 2313 times)

Nik2502

Covid vaccine and HRT
« on: December 30, 2021, 10:55:09 AM »

After each of my Covid vaccines, my HRT has needed tweaking. Either my oestrogen dropping or being too high.
Any other ladies experienced this? X

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid vaccine and HRT
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2021, 12:46:03 PM »

It's been reported that women have experienced periods for the first time in months/years following vaccines .  How long does it take to stabilise?

Sazduggs

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2021, 01:16:18 PM »

Yes!!! The jab has definitely affected my hormones…. I refuse to get the booster. I’m double jabbed and I got worse with each one… no more for me

Nik2502

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2021, 01:53:36 PM »

It's been reported that women have experienced periods for the first time in months/years following vaccines .  How long does it take to stabilise?

I had a period after my first booster - I felt myself ovulate too! After the second jab I had to decrease my oestrogen considerably and seems I’ll have to increase it this time. Takes a couple of weeks x

Nik2502

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »

Yes!!! The jab has definitely affected my hormones…. I refuse to get the booster. I’m double jabbed and I got worse with each one… no more for me
I’m not having anymore after this third one - I’ve felt unwell for two weeks now. My hormones are all over and it takes me ages to get back on track x

Cassie

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2021, 02:46:12 PM »

But why does it affect the hormones so badly, that is the worrying part? I know of a lady who was menopausal for many years and had a period again after the jab  ???

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »

From here if of reassurance  :) .. updated on 24th December 2021... https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting ...

"Menstrual disorders (period problems) and unexpected vaginal bleeding

The MHRA is reviewing reports of suspected side effects of menstrual disorders (period problems) and unexpected vaginal bleeding following vaccination against COVID-19 in the UK. These reports are also being reviewed by the independent experts of the Commission on Human Medicines’ COVID-19 Vaccines Benefit Risk Expert Working Group and the Medicines for Women’s Health Expert Advisory Group. The rigorous evaluation completed to date does not support a link between changes to menstrual periods and related symptoms and COVID-19 vaccines.

A total of 44,596 suspected reactions relating to a variety of menstrual disorders have been reported after all three of the COVID-19 vaccines including heavier than usual periods, delayed periods and unexpected vaginal bleeding. These suspected reactions have been reported in 34,794 individual Yellow Card reports (as each report may contain more than one suspected reaction). This is following approximately 50.8 million COVID-19 vaccine doses administered to women up to 15 December 2021. The number of reports of menstrual disorders and vaginal bleeding is low in relation to both the number of people who have received COVID-19 vaccines to date and how common menstrual disorders are generally.

The menstrual changes reported are mostly transient in nature. There is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines will affect fertility and your ability to have children.

Whilst uncomfortable or distressing, period problems are extremely common and stressful life events can disrupt menstrual periods. Changes to the menstrual cycle have also been reported following infection with COVID-19 and in people affected by long-COVID. General advice about period problems and/or unexpected vaginal bleeding is available from the NHS website. It is important that anyone experiencing changes to their periods that are unusual for them, persist over time, or has any new vaginal bleeding after the menopause, following COVID-19 vaccination, should contact their doctor. Anyone presenting with menstrual disorders and/or unexpected vaginal bleeding following COVID-19 vaccination should be treated according to clinical guidelines for these conditions, as usual.

The MHRA continues to closely review reports of suspected side effects of menstrual disorders and unexpected vaginal bleeding"

My thinking is that with so many of us in peri or menopause having our vaccinations, there are bound to be many of us focusing on our periods (or lack of them) and also concerned that we might have affects from our vaccinations. Catching covid without safety of immunity response from vaccines plus  booster would be worse, I think.  :-\

CLKD

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2021, 03:46:58 PM »

It probably isn't as low as presumed, if many women didn't report it, the issue is - why, what does the info tell us and what will be done with future jabs?   Does anyone have problems with the seasonal 'flu jab? 

Interesting Thesis for someone ?

Gynaikeíos

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2021, 05:21:55 PM »

That is a good point CLKD. I have no problems with flu jab but I know my body was interested by the covid vaccinations and I felt like I had very mild flu for 24 hours for the first one. Real flu is not an illness I can recommend  ::) I caught it once. Not again!!!  :o The flu illness did upset my periods for 6 months I think. I was 20 years younger than now.

Over 40000 women in UK reported a change around menstruation at around the time they had covid vaccination so there is monitoring on behalf of women who might have thought that they had an effect but did not yellow card it.

The advice given in the quote to look up general advice on NHS website and talk to GP about any unusual issues is the best. I hope ladies will not use worries as reason not to accept vaccination or booster. Nobody is talking down worries because everybody has them we have not needed to do any massed vaccination before, but catching covid without safety of immunity response is worse than a short inconvenience over hormone balance. Balance comes back.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2021, 05:24:16 PM by Gynaikeíos »

CLKD

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2021, 05:56:47 PM »

I had 'flu. Twice.  In March 1988 and 1989.  I don't remember much except the aches in the joints, muggy headed feeling and not liking bright light.

Cassie

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2021, 01:13:55 PM »

The flu vaccine is very different to the MRNA vaccines being administered for Covid, which is what bothers me, this is not normal for so many women to report this & I feel is def worrying, but I guess so is getting Covid, what a mine field, here is to a better 2022. ;)

Nik2502

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2021, 06:51:31 PM »

It’s a concern that a lot of women probably aren’t reporting the hormonal side effects.
I’ve been mainly stable on my HRT this year except the 3 times I’ve had the vaccine. I feel anxious, detached and tearful. Going to try a little extra gel but last time I ended up cutting down! It’s a minefield.

Polpringle

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2022, 10:25:35 AM »

I had to drop my Estrogel after the vaccine as well  as I was wired for days but I put it down to Christmas rushing around and exercising more but I’ve just started a period the first in a year! I never thought it could of been my booster until after reading this 😞

Nik2502

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2022, 06:51:00 PM »

I had to drop my Estrogel after the vaccine as well  as I was wired for days but I put it down to Christmas rushing around and exercising more but I’ve just started a period the first in a year! I never thought it could of been my booster until after reading this 😞

Hi it definitely affected my oestrogen. I’ve upped it but think I’m going to have to drop it down as I feel all tingly, anxious and tearful. It’s just trial and error x