Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Femoston 1/10 taken in wrong order  (Read 2054 times)

CJc2601

• First Flush
Femoston 1/10 taken in wrong order
« on: January 01, 2022, 12:59:24 PM »

Hi

After a telephone consultation with GP she prescribed Femoston 1/10. Context is my periods stopped in 2006 aged 38. No tests ever done on me and was told it was perimenpause.
I had no other menopause symptoms until 2021, 15 years after peri diagnosis.

So GP prescribed Femoston which I have been taking for 23 days. Three days ago I got a period, first one in 15 years.  Its exceptionally heavy and very painful.  I looked on web and found that the Femoston has to be taken in right order - 14 white then 14 grey.  No instructions had been given to me.and I hadn't even noticed the different colours. I have taken them randomly and am all mixed up.  I know I have taken 14 white and 9 grey but don't know what order.
Will this be the cause of the heavy, painful period?  Could it damage.me?
How should I continue?

Many thanks for help/support.

CC

Sfifties

Re: Femoston 1/10 taken in wrong order
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2022, 06:06:59 PM »

Hi ,i am on a different hrt regime but yes i think that as the first 14 are only oestradiol and the rest contain progesterone too that could be the cause of the bleeding as the mixing must have created a temporary unbalance of oestrogen and progesterone in your system.

As you were on day 23 when the bleeding happened and you still had 5 of the grey one ( the right ones to take at that stage ) i personally would have continued with those until the end ,if i was unable to speak to my Gp in the meantime .

Have you had any other symptoms ?
How heavy is this bleeding ?
These are thing i have would have taken into account too.

Do try to get in touch with your Gp .
I don’t think this will “damage “ you in any permanent way ,but it has created flactuations in your body momentarily.
Do take painkillers for the pain and cramps.
sorry i cannot be of more help but i haven’t come across this situation before.
Unfortunately erratic bleeding at the beginning of hrt does seem to occur to quite a few of us even when everything is taken accordingly to instructions.

take care and let us know how things go .
« Last Edit: January 01, 2022, 07:08:15 PM by Sfifties »

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2022, 06:23:21 PM »

Hi CC. I would just continue to the end of this pack if you only have the grey ones left to take. As has been said the grey ones contain the progesterone and it's the withdrawal of the progesterone that causes your monthly bleed. Start the new pack as usual. You may find the bleeding is still a bit out of sync but this should right itself in time. The first few bleeds on HRT are often heavier and painful but this should settle down by month four.  You should usually expect a bleed a few days into your new pack. My bleed was always on day 3 of the new box.

If you are worried about the amount of bleeding then please do get in touch with your GP. If you can take it then Ibuprofen is good as it contains something that can slow menstrual bleeding.

Taz x  :welcomemm:

CJc2601

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2022, 08:45:02 PM »

Thanks so much for reassurance.  I feel.pretty stupid now but the only instructions were "take one a day". I should have noticed the different colour but I take so many different tablets I just didn't notice it.

Thanks again, I appreciate your help.

Caroline

Taz2

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2022, 10:49:00 PM »

You really have no reason to feel stupid . All of us on here have had to learn and its by us sharing our experiences that knowledge is gathered and then passed on.

The patient information leaflet can be a bit time consuming to read but it's worth ploughing through it.

How is the bleeding now?

Taz x