Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Conti  (Read 951 times)

Polpringle

Bleeding on Conti
« on: December 29, 2021, 09:56:27 AM »

I’ve been on a conti regime for a year now with no bleeds. I’m 50 late Peri and been doing conti because the change in hormones made me suicidal it’s been going really well up until 2 days ago & my breasts were really painful I also had a real rage day, last night I had the most awful pelvic pains like contractions! so much so I had to take codeine to get some sleep I was going to call the Dr this morning but after going to the bathroom there was blood on the tissue, now I’ve connected the 3 🤦🏻‍♀️
I’m not sure if over Xmas I’ve missed an Utrogestan or it’s something else, can anyone advise please? Should I maybe take a few days break from the Utrogestan to induce more of a bleed or carry on taking it? I’m abit unsure of what to do for the best

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Bleeding on Conti
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2021, 01:14:54 PM »

MayB keep a mood/food/symptom diary to chart progress and note when you use each section of the HRT. 

I can't advise as I don't know anything about your regime.  MayB put the product name into the search box to see what pops up?

Taz2

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2021, 01:25:18 PM »

Do you have scans to check your lining as you are on conti during peri rather than when post meno?

Taz x

Polpringle

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2021, 02:14:36 PM »

I am due to have a scan at the beginning of February which will be 12m from the start of me starting Conti, I was told that as I’m late Peri and had been on sequi for 18m prior all would be ok & the hormone fluctuations caused such severe side effects I just could not go back to a sequi regime
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 02:30:45 PM by Polpringle »

Nas

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2021, 03:32:07 PM »

As you have been period free for a year and are post menopausal, they need to fast track the scan via the two week pathway I think?

It might be a rogue period?

Definitely get it checked out though.

Xx

sheila99

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 05:11:10 PM »

As you've been on hrt you can't tell if you're meno or not but given recent events I think it's more likely you're still peri. Some women aren't meno until their early 60s. I do think a scan is a good idea, if you're peri on a conti regime it's possible your lining has been building up. I would be inclined to stay off utro until the bleed has finished, if it's a period you don't want to interrupt the flow.
 In late peri taking utro for 25 days out of 28 can work well as it allows for a bleed if there's been a build up.

Polpringle

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 06:03:21 PM »

Thank you Sheila that makes sense, I’m not having a bleed as such there was just some fresh blood when going to the toilet this morning for an hour or so, nothing since. I’m unsure whether to take a 3 day break to allow for a bleed and then start to do the 25days