Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lateral flow testing  (Read 5968 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Lateral flow testing
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2021, 03:42:10 PM »

:foryou: 

C.C.

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2021, 08:55:09 PM »

We have the same thing here but they're called Rapid Tests and they're being given out, for free, and good luck if you need to get one.  People have been stockpiling them and selling them on eBay or Marketplace for a pretty profit. Another issue is having enough in the schools, as the children are supposedto go back to school this coming Monday. ::)

sheila99

« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2021, 11:50:28 PM »

I'm sure the family will enjoy the day whether she goes or not. Did she give you a reason for not taking the test? Just curious if there's a good reason.

Haydo

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2021, 09:07:41 AM »

Unfortunately Sheila99 my DIL is anti-vax, anti-lockdown etc and buys into the conspiracy theory.  I have tried not to say anything, although my son is fully vaccinated and thinks she is being ridiculous, and to keep out of it as it is causing problems between them.  Basically her reason is  ‘why do I need to take a test for something that does not exist/is just a cold?’    Her choice not to have vaccinations etc and to believe what she wants to, but I don’t understand why she won’t just take a simple test.  Needless to say she won’t be coming.

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »

That's good that she won't be there.  It may be put everyone on edge.  Well done on DS deciding to visit, sometimes partners have to agree to disagree.  Will there be  :cupcake:

littleminnie

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2021, 06:10:12 PM »

We got a box of lateral flow tests when we had our vaccine.  Like gold dust now. 

CLKD

« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2021, 06:25:59 PM »

Put them on e-Bay  ;) .......

Taz2

« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »

We got a box of lateral flow tests when we had our vaccine.  Like gold dust now.

Us too but using them twice a week they soon disappear. Managed to get a box each last week and OH will be back to using the ones at work next week so that will save some. They've got a stash  :)

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2021, 08:04:26 PM »

Odd how that differs in various health authorities then, we weren't offered any.  Why would they  :-\

Taz2

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2021, 09:08:01 PM »

You have to ask? That was a while ago now and you now need a collection code to pick them up. Well that's how we had to do it the last two times. No code no test kits.

Taz  :-\

Katejo

« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2021, 09:39:10 AM »

You have to ask? That was a while ago now and you now need a collection code to pick them up. Well that's how we had to do it the last two times. No code no test kits.

Taz  :-\
  I haven't needed a code but, last time I coll6from a lateral flow test centre, I was only allowed 1 box of 7.

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »

No code required here - 1 could go along to various points in the nearest town and ask.  However, unless 1 went to the nearest town, that info wasn't generally available. 

littleminnie

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2021, 01:13:17 PM »

You need a code at our Boots

Taz2

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2021, 01:24:04 PM »

No code required here - 1 could go along to various points in the nearest town and ask.  However, unless 1 went to the nearest town, that info wasn't generally available.

Is that this week? Ours changed ten days ago in that without a collection code you couldn't have any.

CLKD

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2021, 01:52:22 PM »

Last week.  Boxes were being handed out near supermarkets, the local library ........

Someone suggested that LFT has altered in the way the sample is taken? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4