Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Help! Elleste Duet to Femoston 1/10  (Read 692 times)

FunkyFrankie

Help! Elleste Duet to Femoston 1/10
« on: December 27, 2021, 07:42:23 PM »

Dear lovely fellow hormonal beings,
I’m 54 and had my last period five months ago. I’m a non smoker, 8.5 stones and consume barely any alcohol.   I’ve just started my second month of Femoston 1/10 estradiol & dydrogestetone.  Before this, I had two months of Elleste Duet 1mg.  The Elleste immediately stopped all the night sweats and hot flushes.  They literally stopped.  I felt my energy coming back again.  It was incredible.  I had the tiniest, almost non-existent bleed after the first pack of Elleste, but nothing since.  The problem was, as soon as I started taking the green Elleste pills, I had terrible bouts of anger.  This was anger that gave me no time to count to ten, and I became scared that I would frighten our adorable little dog, and as for my poor, patient husband … So I phoned the doctor and told her that this was really worrying me, and she put me on Femoston 1/10.   With these, I felt fine with the white pills.   The grey pills (dydrogestetone) have been hellish.   For the last three days of the grey pills, my normally good sleep has been interrupted by shocking worrying in the middle of the night, fixating on things that may not happen, just worry worry worry.   I have also noticed I’ve felt too warm in the night, not sweating at all, but just gently overheating.   I thought this had gone.   The doctor asked me to please persevere with these for three months to see how I get on, so I will.  The reason I’m writing this is, every woman I meet who is on or has been on HRT raves about it and says how fabulous it made them feel.  Am I an actual freak?  Is it because I haven’t given these pills enough time?   I have always suffered from anxiety, but these pills take it to astronomical levels.   I would be very appreciative of advice or comments or shared experiences from others who have had a similar journey. I do not want to take anti depressants.  I know they work.  But the HRT is supposed to help with hormonal related anxiety.  So I don’t see the point in doubling up on drugs.   Thank you loads. X

Dotty

Re: Help! Elleste Duet to Femoston 1/10
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2021, 08:00:17 PM »

Hi it can take a while to find the right type and dose, but once you’ve found this then things should be a lot better. Xx