Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: HRT help, heavy periods  (Read 1140 times)

TJ1313

HRT help, heavy periods
« on: December 21, 2021, 11:53:54 AM »

Hi there, I'm 49 and been on estradot25 and cyclical utrogestran day 15-25 for 5 months now. On it mainly for the mental side of things, no hot flushes or sweats, and everything is great apart from 1. the utrogestran doesnt agree with my IBS and gives me awful stomach problems and headaches and 2. I also have fibroids, just a lot of small ones nothing big, but these cause horrendous periods with big clots. I have just rang my doctors and asked for Zoely or Qlaria to try and help with the periods and the hormone side of things and she said she cant give me them because they dont prescribe them there? she also didnt have much of a clue and told me to get an appointment with a doctor that does >:( So while I am waiting for another appointment can I ask for some help please? Are there any other combined pills I can take that are safe? Or could I take the mini pill along side of HRT? I want to be prepared for next time, any help would be awesome x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: HRT help, heavy periods
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 12:38:14 PM »

Morning.  If your GP isn't clued up, she should refer you to a menopause clinic, mayB she isn't aware of those either  ::)

Sometimes HRT does help mental issues, however appropriate medication is also worth considering.  Depression and anxiety can be treated by different medications and may well ease symptoms quicker than HRT will do.

HRT will protect bones and heart.  IBS can become worse as hormones rock and roll.  My bowels would be irritated during the month: 10 mins. B4 a bleed began, I would have to dash to the loo  :o even if a period wasn't due.  I would also feel constipated in the week running up to a bleed as well as sobbing the night B4, even when a period wasn't due.

Have you put the products names into the search box on the Forum to see what pops up, make notes ;-).  If you put the names in separately you may find other threads.  Some devices don't work though. 

Heavy periods can be eased with medication which your GP can prescribe.

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 01:55:22 PM »

You could use utrogeston vaginally to avoid the ibs issues. Are they intending to remove the fibroids? A mirena often sorts out bleeding problems but I don't know if the fibroids will cause a problem.

TJ1313

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 02:24:32 PM »

Thanks for the replies, they gave me antidepressants before HRT and I hated it, felt like a zombie, for me its more memory/brain fog and anger  ::) although I can get very emotional but I was never depressed TBH.
No they have never mentioned removing the fibroids because theyre not causing any problems apart from the heavy bleeding, my doctor has always put me off of having the mirena because of my fibroids/heavy periods with huge clots and a very tilted cervix? I have a call back from my own Doctor on the 7th January which feels forever away :o gives me plenty of time to research I guess x
Is it the same dose vaginally for the utrogetan? 2 capsules? Can I try that without speaking to a Doctor?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 02:26:47 PM by TJ1313 »

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 03:04:07 PM »

Anger can be down to hormonal fluctuations!

TJ1313

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 04:53:03 PM »

Yeah I guess it is, but I am fine now ive started the HRT I get a bit emo before my period but I always have done, but everything else is great mentally, just these horrendous periods, I dont want to end up anemic again. Thats why I was asking for the pill, hopefully my own Doctor can help me shes pretty clued up on HRT so fingers crossed ;D

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 05:00:52 PM »

Let us know how you get on?

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 05:22:11 PM »

Manufacturer says it's the same dose vaginally. Louise newson says you can halve it. I don't have experience of either fibroids or mirena but I *think* you won't sort out the bleeding unless you do something about the fibroids. If you're interested in a mirena try a search for fibroid mirena or perhaps start a new post with this in the title, you might get more opinions.

TJ1313

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 05:38:01 PM »

I will keep you posted, I've seen women on here say that they're on the pop pill and on HRT but not mention what they take, I would love to know so I can ask the Doc, so if anybody does please let me know. I would rather take a pill than have the coil to be honest, I can stop taking a pill when I want, mentioning the coil just makes me cross my legs and suck my bits in hahaha, I have had a lot of messing about down there and it makes me cringe thinking about it  ;D x