Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Oestrogen gel and utrogestan Vaginally, please help me re:dose  (Read 1059 times)

Meno44

Oestrogen gel and utrogestan Vaginally, please help me re:dose
« on: December 21, 2021, 10:54:27 AM »

Hi
So I have yet another hrt to try.
I’ve been prescribed oestrogen gel (2 pumps) and 100mg utrogestan. Taking the utrogestan orally was making me feel sick so I asked my GP if I could take it vaginally (as I know many of you do).

He had come back and prescribed me 200mg vaginally to be taken for 11 days.

I queried this as I was previously on a continual regime (not had a period for a good few years) and I’m worried the break will trigger a period. He said he didn’t think it would but I could either give the 200mg a go as prescribed or try the 100mg for 3 weeks of the cycle but still have a 1 week break, he said that’s how it is prescribed.

Can someone please advise me what you’re doing if you’re on this regime and post menopausal… did it trigger a period?.
I’m getting so tired of this whole thing now 😩

sheila99

Re: Oestrogen gel and utrogestan Vaginally, please help me re:dose
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 11:07:04 AM »

You're right, he has prescribed a sequi regime and you will have a bleed. Personally I'd keep the prescription the same (just in case you get the 200mg ones) and just use it vaginally. I'm assuming he won't be watching  ;D. Mine doesn't know I use it vaginally, it's off licence this way in the UK and it was easier than having to fight for it.

Meno44

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 11:19:06 AM »

You're right, he has prescribed a sequi regime and you will have a bleed. Personally I'd keep the prescription the same (just in case you get the 200mg ones) and just use it vaginally. I'm assuming he won't be watching  ;D. Mine doesn't know I use it vaginally, it's off licence this way in the UK and it was easier than having to fight for it.

Thanks for your reply. So do you use the utrogestan continually without a break at 100mg?
I have picked up both the 100 and 200mg.

sheila99

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 01:38:39 PM »

No, I get fatigue on it so I prefer a bleed (long cycle). Most people use it continuously in meno though.