Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Fainting and early bleeding on utrogeston and estrogel  (Read 1075 times)

Ches15

Fainting and early bleeding on utrogeston and estrogel
« on: December 18, 2021, 09:45:35 PM »

Hi, i started on estrogel 2 pumps on a morning and 2 utrogeston day 15 to 26 around 5 months ago. The first few months i felt an immediate improvement, no more night sweats and much improved anxiety. My period would come about day 26 but were quite light and no bother.
The third month i missed a period but was under a lot of stress as my daughter had been hospitalised with anorexia at the time so put it down to that.
Month 4 i got a heavy period with lots of cramping then this current month i’ve started bleeding day 20 of cycle so with 6 days of tablets to take and again the cramping is bad.
The scary part is that this morning i was making a coffee when i had a very sudden feeling of faintness. Next thing i know i come round on the floor with no memory of how i made it down there and i’m now in mega pain- esp in my coccyx!
This experience has really freaked me out as i have no idea what caused it other than starting period early the day before. Do i need to get in touch with my dr about this and has anyone experienced similar?
I don’t want to give up on hrt but I’m feeling worried  :'(

Marchlove

Re: Fainting and early bleeding on utrogeston and estrogel
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2021, 10:02:24 PM »

Hi Ches15
Sounds like it’s been a very stressful time for you with your daughter not being well. Don’t underestimate the effect that will be having on you as you try to be the strong one whilst navigating through still quite early months of your hrt.
There will be more knowledgeable ladies who will no doubt be able to offer better advice regarding your early periods, who will I expect be a long soon.
The fainting could be due to a number of things. But a couple spring to mind. Have you been eating regularly, had you missed breakfast that morning.  Your adrenals will be under some stress at the moment, so it’s important you monitor your sodium levels.  Perhaps be a bit more liberal with unrefined salt (twice a day) especially if you feel any sort of slight dizziness. Careful with this though if you have high blood pressure.
Dizziness in general is a common symptom of peri menopause, but why don’t you book a call with your GP and chat it through. xx

Ches15

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2021, 10:10:49 PM »

Thankyou,
It’s a tough one as i know I’m stressed out about my daughter which doesn’t help.
Food wise i eat well so not sure it will be that and i have suffered dizziness with peri menopause often since I turned 40 and have i good understanding of how that feels and this was a very different experience.
I was fine one second then just a sudden collapse. For a couple of hours after i just felt really weak in my limbs and have basically just had to rest up all day! Pretty hard to do this close the xmas  :)

Marchlove

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 09:34:25 AM »

Yes the Christmas push is on and causing extra pressure!
As you say the fainting is unusual so do phone your Gp in the morning.
Do hope you are feeling a bit better today xx

Cassie

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2021, 12:30:00 PM »

My daughter fainted a while back and we found it it was the first day of her period and she actually fainted from the pain, bit like a vasovagal effect, so could be because of a similiar thing.