Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Do I have to change from Evorel Sequi after 12 months?  (Read 732 times)

Myfairlady

Do I have to change from Evorel Sequi after 12 months?
« on: December 14, 2021, 09:44:24 AM »

Morning everyone,

I've spoken to my GP (not my regular one), and he's told me that after 12 months I need to come off of Evorel Sequi and go onto Conti.

I'm 52, and have been doing so well on the sequi that I really don't want to change. I was having regular periods when I started the sequi and still have a regular bleed similar to my periods before starting HRT.

Can anyone please advise if I have to change? And if I do what can I expect when I change? I know I won't have a monthly period, however I started the HRT because of extremely bad moods and flushes.

Many thanks ladies, i'm feeling really anxious about changing because I was so awful before starting them.

Thank you!
xx

sheila99

Re: Do I have to change from Evorel Sequi after 12 months?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:21:25 AM »

No, you can stay on a sequi regime for the rest of your life if want to. Given you were regular a year ago I would have thought it's unlikely you're meno now so a conti regime won't be suitable for you yet. On evorel conti it just means you're always on the conti patches so you still get the same amount of oestrogen but if you're not meno you may get unexpected bleeding.

Myfairlady

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 01:25:41 PM »

No, you can stay on a sequi regime for the rest of your life if want to. Given you were regular a year ago I would have thought it's unlikely you're meno now so a conti regime won't be suitable for you yet. On evorel conti it just means you're always on the conti patches so you still get the same amount of oestrogen but if you're not meno you may get unexpected bleeding.

Perfect, thank you Sheila, much appreciated. You've settled my mind. Going to talk to the GP now! x

Dotty

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 04:03:40 PM »

Hi if you’re happy with Sequi then stick with it. You don’t have to change to Conti. xx

helenc

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 09:54:51 AM »

Hi - I have recently posted a thread about what happened to me when I switched ... I am 57 and was on Sequi for 15 years and loved it - for years my GP wanted me to change and I refused but decided (after much persuasion) to go on the Conti only and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made (but please - it is different for everyone - this is just my experience and you may be fine with it) - irregular bleeding let to three hospital visits, a thickening of the endometrium now needs further investigation - and the stress it has caused me is horrendous - I still dont know where I am with it all but i should never have changed HRT