Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Scared of taking hrt  (Read 883 times)

Rockyperi

• First Flush
Scared of taking hrt
« on: December 12, 2021, 03:49:02 PM »

Hi all
 I'm new here, I have been reading all your posts. Nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. In September I took a turn for the worst I suffered serve anxity couldn't sleep or eat the worst time of my life didn't  want to alone and couldn't understand why called my doctors and they weren't very helpful just kept on saying to take anxity meds, I felt I had no choice I wasn't strong enough to deal with it felt I was going mad even thought of going to hospital and ask to be sectioned. After starting mirtazapine I was able to sleep. I slept like a baby the first time I took them and glad I did I was on sick from work for nearly 8 weeks. I started back at work 3 weeks ago. I had bloods done around oct showed up that I was vitamin b deficient and showed I was perimenopause. I've been given elleste duet 1mg am so scared to take it, I know it will help but what if It don't suit me. Don't know what to expect from taking it. My symptoms are being tired night sweats, heart palpitations, palpitations in my lung and stomach. The palpitations are the most troublesome to deal with i was wondering if any of you have had palpitations due to perimenopause and how they felt for you guys.
I would love to hear from you lovely ladies  :-*

Dotty

Re: Scared of taking hrt
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2021, 04:53:38 PM »

:) Hi welcome to the forum .

Yes I had palpitations and all the other symptoms you describe. I was very ill and hrt gave me my life back. It took a few different hrts before I found the right one and it was a hard road to travel. But I wouldn’t be without the hrt now. I don’t have any side effects xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2021, 05:45:38 PM »

Is there any rush?  You have sorted the anxiety by taking appropriate medication so give that time to get well into your system.  Regardless of causation, ADs and/or anti-anxiety meds can save lives.  My GP prescribed betablockas to ease those early morning anxiety surges which I took from 2002 until March 2020.  I still take ADs and have an emergency anti-anxiety to hand.

Keeping a mood/food/symptom diary may be helpful to chart progress.  I wouldn't change anything if you feel better, B4 the New Year.  There's enough going on! 

My friend does well on 'mirtazpine'.  If your symptoms are eased thus far, I would wait.  Some ADs can help ease flushing.  R U taking something for the VitB deficiency?

Let us know how you get on.   :welcomemm:  browse round, make notes ;-)

Rockyperi

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2021, 06:10:27 PM »

Hey dotty

Thanks for replying. I felt like somethings not right with my heart had ecg and bloods tests which were normal. I almost wanted to laugh when the doctor said palpitations are a symptom of perimenopause lol...which hrt are you on ? I got prescribed elleste duet 1mg. I'm actually thinking of giving it ago.
What time of day do you take them ?

Rockyperi

• First Flush
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2021, 06:26:51 PM »

Hey CKLD

Thanks for the reply. I have been on the mirtazapine for now 6 weeks I feel alot better and my anxiety always lingering because of the palpitations I forgot to mention the brain fog and my concentration levels are so bad, here's a story that would make some of you laugh, I had to take my daughter for hospital appointment I pulled up at the barriers there was a car in front the barrier lifted for that car to pass and I just drove straight behind her 😆 till my daughter shouted mum omg I nearly had a heartattack and smash the breaks. It could have been a whole lot worse I guess. I also have neck upperback and shoulder pain to add to the lists of symptoms I read somewhere that peri can give you pains and all sorts.  It's like everything hit me at the same time. I had 6 loading doses of vit b injections it hasn't helped on the fatigue side which I was expecting, so am thinking it's to do with perimenopause. I'm thinking to start taking them this evening or tommrow morning.
I would defo appreciate any advice on what time of day I should take them.
Yea that is a good idea to keep a symptom diary xx

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 08:41:23 PM »

As oestrogen levels drop muscles may become lax = aches and pains.  Also anxiety can add stress to our muscles which becomes a vicious circle.