Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]

Author Topic: Covid confusion  (Read 21954 times)

Pennyfarthing

Re: Covid confusion
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »

I KNOW I would feel horrific guilt if I infected someone with Covid and they died.

How are you going to know?   Ask anybody who has had covid where they think they picked it up and the answer is always “haven’t got a clue.”   ;)   

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2022, 04:33:51 PM »

I’m still wearing a mask but if the cases continue to fall I will stop in a few weeks, by then the cases might be extremely low.  (With a bit of luck).
Booking a holiday abroad too.  :o   Getting very brave.

Good for you Minnie. We have booked a week in Corfu in June and we have not had a break of any kind since 2019.  Today I have been sorting out holiday insurance.  I booked it a few weeks ago as I didn’t want to get to June and all the holidays have gone as people feel more confident.  I also read somewhere that prices are expected to go up.

Where are you going? 

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2022, 04:37:42 PM »

Prices going up, mayB due to the Ukraine crisis, though I read in the paper yesterday that there are 1000s of cruise cabins 'left over' going half price. 

littleminnie

« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2022, 04:41:23 PM »

I’m still wearing a mask but if the cases continue to fall I will stop in a few weeks, by then the cases might be extremely low.  (With a bit of luck).

Good for you Minnie. We have booked a week in Corfu in June and we have not had a break of any kind since 2019.  Today I have been sorting out
holiday insurance.  I booked it a few weeks ago as I didn’t want to get to June and all the holidays have gone as people feel more confident.  I also read somewhere that prices are expected to go up.
Where are you going?

Can’t decide between Portugal or Greece.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2022, 05:13:43 PM »

Good for you Minnie. We have booked a week in Corfu in June and we have not had a break of any kind since 2019.  Today I have been sorting out
holiday insurance.  I booked it a few weeks ago as I didn’t want to get to June and all the holidays have gone as people feel more confident.  I also read somewhere that prices are expected to go up.
Where are you going?

Can’t decide between Portugal or Greece.

We holidayed in Northern Portugal a few years ago and it was lovely.  Very quiet and unspoilt and hardly any tourism up there.  It was actually a holiday we booked locally so we went from our local airport and the trip included several excursions in the price so we saw a lot of lovely countryside and scenery.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2022, 05:17:32 PM »

Prices going up, mayB due to the Ukraine crisis, though I read in the paper yesterday that there are 1000s of cruise cabins 'left over' going half price.

The report I read was before the news about Ukraine.  It said that as people were more confident about restrictions easing they were booking more holidays so they expected prices to rise.

VictoryV

« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2022, 06:04:12 PM »

I KNOW I would feel horrific guilt if I infected someone with Covid and they died.

How are you going to know?   Ask anybody who has had covid where they think they picked it up and the answer is always “haven’t got a clue.”   ;)

Easy! I look after a housebound vulnerable person.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #202 on: February 23, 2022, 06:57:33 PM »

So you don’t mean “someone”, you mean the housebound vulnerable person you care for.   😉  you would never know if you infected anybody else.

My daughter’s partner’s  father has severe MS and is in a wheelchair.  He caught covid when he was admitted to hospital for another complaint. 

CLKD

« Reply #203 on: February 23, 2022, 09:42:37 PM »

That's the awful part - but not uncommon to go into Hospital and come out with something else or dead  :-\.  MRSA and C.Diff were problems in the 1980s/90s.  At about the time when the NHS out-sourced cleaning companies rather than using in-house staff.  So they never had a notion that out-sourced people may have been bringing in viruses as well as cross infecting across the the NHS  >:(

VictoryV

« Reply #204 on: February 23, 2022, 11:32:03 PM »

So you don’t mean “someone”, you mean the housebound vulnerable person you care for.   😉  you would never know if you infected anybody else.

My daughter’s partner’s  father has severe MS and is in a wheelchair.  He caught covid when he was admitted to hospital for another complaint.

Gosh! Of course I don’t want to infect the one I look after, didn’t think I’d need to confirm that! I don’t want to infect someone or ANYBODY, whether I know about it or not!
I think we lead very different lives PF as you only know 30 people that have had Covid and luckily none died. I know hundreds who’ve had it, some hospitalised, some died. I’ve lost family, friends and clients and feel like I’ve had my life’s full of funerals since Covid began. I really hope we’re through the worst.

Unfortunately many people got infected in hospitals and that’s still widespread. You daughter’s husband’s Dad survived - jolly good!

CLKD

« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2022, 10:23:02 AM »

I think we can buy has-suits after what Putin has done overnight  :'(

CLKD

Government was wrong about transferring patients: Covid confusion
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2022, 12:10:55 PM »

It's been decided at the High Court that the Government were wrong to insist on Hospital patients being transferred into Care Homes.  This was obviously the way to spread C-19 to the general public, so why didn't the 'powers that B' realise?  Another pointer that governements of the day are blind to how 'care in the community' works/doesn't  :'(

When the government got rid of 'convalencet homes' the system went wrong.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]