Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Covid confusion  (Read 21962 times)

Aprilflower

Re: Covid confusion
« Reply #165 on: February 13, 2022, 04:52:30 PM »

If wearing N95 masks was so important, they should have been available free of charge.

For people on limited incomes it's not fair to expect them to purchase certain types of masks, especially disposal one's.  We were asked to wear face coverings, and that's what most people have done. 

sheila99

« Reply #166 on: February 13, 2022, 06:13:03 PM »

At the height of the pandemic they struggled to get enough for medics never mind Joe public. I tried to buy them but couldn't find any in stock. Those on benefits had an extra £20 a week which would more than covered it. Maybe those on a low income who would rather support themselves would have struggled. Paper/cloth ones protect other people but don't do a lot to protect yourself.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2022, 06:14:49 PM »

That's the point of masks - protecting others.  If everyone wears a mask then we are all protected.

I too know many who caught Omicron - treble jabbed and masked. It's out there, like seasonal 'flu and winter vomiting bug.  Surprinsgly, there's been little admission with the latter!

Aprilflower

« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2022, 06:26:51 PM »

At the height of the pandemic they struggled to get enough for medics never mind Joe public. I tried to buy them but couldn't find any in stock. Those on benefits had an extra £20 a week which would more than covered it. Maybe those on a low income who would rather support themselves would have struggled. Paper/cloth ones protect other people but don't do a lot to protect yourself.

The extra £20 universal credit was for cost of living rises and loss of income, during the pandemic. Also it's paid to those on low income, not the just the unemployed.

Aprilflower

« Reply #169 on: February 15, 2022, 09:14:16 PM »

This is quite a long read, but very interesting.

https://perspectivemag.co.uk/the-interview-francois-balloux/

Minusminnie

« Reply #170 on: February 17, 2022, 07:56:46 AM »

I read that through three times yesterday.

Aprilflower

« Reply #171 on: February 17, 2022, 08:04:34 AM »

Thanks Minusminnie.

It's good to read something from a true expert.

Minusminnie

« Reply #172 on: February 17, 2022, 08:20:29 AM »

He adds to the debate. I like it when someone have taken a certain pathway for a personal reason.

Aprilflower

« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2022, 05:21:37 PM »

Restrictions ending then.😊

(England, that is)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2022, 05:40:16 PM »

Restrictions ending then.😊

(England, that is)

Great news!

Taz2

« Reply #175 on: February 21, 2022, 06:43:08 PM »

I don't feel like going out after Wednesday! Can't bear the thought of being in the pub, theatre, cinema, shop and coughed over by someone who knows they are positive but no longer has to isolate. People can be very selfish and don't always care about how their actions effect others.  I feel so sorry for my poor friends who are currently very vulnerable with compromised immune systems due to chemotherapy. They are in despair as it seems as if they have been given a death sentence or will be confined to their homes as there is now no protection in the outside environment for them.

I appreciate that we can't live as we have been doing for ever but our immunity will slowly be waning and without the free testing we wont be forewarned when the next variant raises it's head. To remove all restrictions at the same time seems very strange to me.

Taz x  :-\

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #176 on: February 21, 2022, 07:40:59 PM »

I agree Taz.  As for charging for flow tests  :-\.  I'm afraid if the care home wants us to test, they will need to continue providing them.

I think that passengers on Public Transport should continue with masks as well as in small shops, theatres etc. when moving around.  Will I be the last to be wearing mine  ;D

Answers on a post card ;-). 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #177 on: February 22, 2022, 09:14:04 AM »

I don't feel like going out after Wednesday! Can't bear the thought of being in the pub, theatre, cinema, shop and coughed over by someone who knows they are positive but no longer has to isolate. People can be very selfish and don't always care about how their actions effect others.  I feel so sorry for my poor friends who are currently very vulnerable with compromised immune systems due to chemotherapy. They are in despair as it seems as if they have been given a death sentence or will be confined to their homes as there is now no protection in the outside environment for them.

I appreciate that we can't live as we have been doing for ever but our immunity will slowly be waning and without the free testing we wont be forewarned when the next variant raises it's head. To remove all restrictions at the same time seems very strange to me.

Taz x  :-\

Covid or not, I never get close to people. I like my personal space.

Kathleen

« Reply #178 on: February 22, 2022, 10:01:45 AM »

Hello ladies.

Back when all this pandemic fun began I remember a seeing a demonstration of air flow in enclosed spaces. It transpires that you don't need to be near to someone to inhale the same air. The scientists showed how air circulated throughout the space and pointed out that if someone was smoking a cigarette at one end of a room the smoke and smell would soon  become noticeable everywhere. This would also be the case for virus particles.

I will continue to wear my mask regardless of other people's opinion!

Wishing you all well.

K.

holidaylover

« Reply #179 on: February 22, 2022, 11:08:52 AM »

I assume you never go into a restaurant or coffee shop then?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14