Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Covid confusion  (Read 21959 times)

Pennyfarthing

Covid confusion
« on: December 10, 2021, 08:00:43 PM »

In recent weeks I have got more and more confused about covid.

Example ….. someone  (double jabbed) text me today saying she has tested positive. I said I assumed all her family would have to isolate for 10 days.  She says no, her primary age schoolkids were negative and if they are still negative on Monday can go to school. Her husband doesn’t have to isolate as he is double jabbed apparently.  You can still get covid being double jabbed.

What sense does that make?

Another example.  Dr Hilary, Lorraine Kelly and others have been pulled up for giving misleading information on TV about covid.  They said that approx 86% of people in hospital with covid are unvaccinated.  That is not the case and it’s only about 35% and Full Facts have confirmed this.

We still see people on TV (even reporters) wearing masks incorrectly and constantly touching them, pulling them up on their noses again etc. Which we have all been told from day one that you must not do.

No wonder I am confused.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid confusion
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2021, 08:14:35 PM »

I think people have lost the gist ......... all viruses can be passed on via the air.  "Coughs and sneezes spread diseases" should be drilled into the media when they are talking about the latest mutant on TV etc..

"Use it, Bin it". 

Hand washing is important.  As is 'hands, mouth, cover' when someone sneezes I almost hit a child the other day  >:( who was coughing without covering and the mother who could have got a  :kick: had I been close enough.  Because she didn't seem to notice  >:(. I digress.

When my nephew caught it 6 weeks ago, clubbing  ::) because all those with him tested negative, they carried on with 'life'.  Work, going out etc..  I thought that if anyone we were close to tested positive, they too had to isolate until they got 2 negative tests 5 days apart  :-\.  I keep forgetting to ask how soon after being out did he get symptoms.  He's off for blood tests today questioning 'long covid'.

The number of people who don't cover their noses which is where most germs originate from ........ I could  :kick: :crutch: ...... the woman behind the counter in our village shop has hers on her chin, I will be having a quiet word with the manager.  They are behind glass but in and out of the various areas. I never see them using hand sanitiser either.

The rate of hospital admissions has dropped dramatically.  Although people are apparently testing positive for the new variant, it's not as ferocious as the other variant alerts: remember those.  Where did they go .............. ??  Most have had 'flu symptoms rather than needing hospital treatment. 

The media hypes up ....... it sells news papers.  How much is anywhere near the truth? 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 10:11:10 PM »

The same with wearing gloves in shops/hand sanitising. ::)

last winter I was wearing gloves in the cold weather and went into a shop and the woman asked me to sanitise my hands.I said “but I’m wearing gloves”.  She said it doesn’t matter you still have to sanitise your hands.  So she wanted me to take my gloves off,  sanitise my hands using a container that many others have touched, put my gloves back on and continue shopping.  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2021, 10:04:47 AM »

Rules is rules?  I hate some of the sanitisers, too wet and take ages to dry.  I got so that I carried a piece of kitchen roll with which to wipe! 

Dougalina

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2021, 01:48:31 PM »

You almost hit a child??? Really?

Katejo

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2021, 12:08:55 PM »

In recent weeks I have got more and more confused about covid.

Example ….. someone  (double jabbed) text me today saying she has tested positive. I said I assumed all her family would have to isolate for 10 days.  She says no, her primary age schoolkids were negative and if they are still negative on Monday can go to school. Her husband doesn’t have to isolate as he is double jabbed apparently.  You can still get covid being double jabbed.

What sense does that make?

Another example.  Dr Hilary, Lorraine Kelly and others have been pulled up for giving misleading information on TV about covid.  They said that approx 86% of people in hospital with covid are unvaccinated.  That is not the case and it’s only about 35% and Full Facts have confirmed this.

We still see people on TV (even reporters) wearing masks incorrectly and constantly touching them, pulling them up on their noses again etc. Which we have all been told from day one that you must not do.

No wonder I am confused.
Other people in the same household/close contacts  who are double jabbed  don't have to isolate now unless the infected person is suspected to have Omicron. The general rule was changed in August but has been part reversed due to Omicron.

I have just seen in the news that this has been changed again!  Close contacts ( if jabbed  ) of people with Omicron don't need to isolate for 10 days if the initial PCR is negative. Instead they can do a daily rapid test for the next 7 days   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59628609
« Last Edit: December 12, 2021, 03:28:05 PM by Katejo »

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2021, 12:16:41 PM »

It's still confusing.  Yep, I could have got really really cross with both mother and child.  We were taught "Hand"  ::) and as we are all more alert to coughs and sneezes so the mother should have been!

littleminnie

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2021, 02:01:41 PM »

The government coronavirus website is always up to date.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2021, 02:54:36 PM »

Is it giving correct information though  :-\ ........

littleminnie

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2021, 03:43:15 PM »

Well it gives the restrictions and mandatory rules we have to follow so yes it is.

Ju Ju

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2021, 04:29:57 PM »

I have eczema on my hands, though not as bad as when I was younger thank goodness. Worse in the cold weather and using sanitizer does not only dries my skin, it can also be painful if I have ‘cuts’. Some sanitizers are worse than others. I carry one that is provided with a medical procedure I have to do, which doesn’t sting. How to others with skin conditions cope?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2021, 05:23:05 PM »

CLKD

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2021, 05:41:54 PM »

:thankyou: how long does it take for PCR test results to be returned?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2021, 05:46:52 PM »

BREAKING NEWS.  Boris will address the nation at 8pm tonight as Omnicon rates rise by 65%.  Sounds ominous.

CLKD

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2021, 06:02:21 PM »

Not on my TV he won't be  >:(.  It's scaremongering.  Keeping the public under the thumb.  What has the government done to avoid the NHS becoming even more overwhelmed in the last 2 years? 

Wards are still closing due to a lack of staff.  Nightingale hospitals were never going to be manned, due to not having enough staff to cover the beds required by patients.  The care industry is in dire straights with regarding staffing levels.

We never get told that "5,000 people may be admitted daily to hospital due to icy and snowy weather" ..........

I wonder whether the PM will actually tell us why these patients have been admitted, i.e. underlying health conditions, because they live alone so need full time care, because they can't see a GP face2face ............. too many people putting too many 'opinions' towards the government which has confused me from day 1  :-\
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14