Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Covid confusion  (Read 21907 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Covid confusion
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2021, 05:36:56 PM »

;D. even those 'in power'  :-\ seem confused  ;D  ::)

C.C.

« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2021, 06:10:33 PM »

We are backtracking here now too.  The daily covid count today is over 2400 new cases, mostly the unvaccinated but there is a good portion of that number who are full vaccinated. Staring Monday anyone 18 and over can book their booster shot (I'm going Jan. 19th) to try and stem the tide a bit.  Large sporting events and arenas will be pared down to 50% capacity.  And, by the end of next week, the experts say Omicron will be the dominant strain.

I have a feeling my 2-week winter break will be extended even though the majority of children in the school are getting vaccinated.

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2021, 07:15:57 PM »

We are backtracking here now too.  The daily covid count today is over 2400 new cases, mostly the unvaccinated but there is a good portion of that number who are full vaccinated. Staring Monday anyone 18 and over can book their booster shot (I'm going Jan. 19th) to try and stem the tide a bit.  Large sporting events and arenas will be pared down to 50% capacity.  And, by the end of next week, the experts say Omicron will be the dominant strain.

I have a feeling my 2-week winter break will be extended even though the majority of children in the school are getting vaccinated.

I now know 14 people who have covid and all of them are double vaccinated and a few have also had the booster.  Now I hear we will be getting a fourth vaccine. Where is it all going to end?

So far in the past few months I’ve had 2 covid jabs, one booster, one flu jab and a pneumonia jab.  :o

Two hoots

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2021, 07:32:05 PM »

Rumoured that Wales will be in tight covid measures from Boxing day until 8 January, official announced tomorrow but going to be leaked the local news at 10.30 tonight to add to the madness  ::)

CLKD

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2021, 07:33:50 PM »

UK Government are telling us to decide which events are the most important  ::)

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2021, 08:46:17 PM »

I feel sorry for people who may have operations cancelled due to covid.

Postmeno3

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2021, 09:18:35 AM »

I really admire Chris Whitty for saying we should all choose what "matters" to us in the coming days. Whether that's health, family, faith, whatever, it puts any decisions to the heart first. A wee light shone for me in that moment.

Kathleen

« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »

Hello again ladies.

My son has recently had COVID and is now fully recovered thankfully. He lives in London and he says there seems to be a mini Lockdown there because so few people are going out. He and his friends have cancelled plans for next week because no one wants to be ill over Christmas. We have also changed our plans  as I am worried about Omicron and I will be relieved to get my booster tomorrow!

Take care everyone.

K.

CLKD

« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2021, 10:18:35 AM »

I would go to the Panto.  I can't due to anxiety.   :'(. It keeps the Theatre lights on ......... everyone is masked.  Take own hand wash etc..  By then the virus may well have moved over.  If people cancel, but the show goes on, there will be the opportunity for distancing.

According to a Nurse on TV it's unvaccinated teens that are being admitted, that particular hospital wasn't overwhelmed at all.

CLKD

« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2021, 10:25:35 AM »

It's not being able to get face2face appts with GPs where the problem begins  >:( and now they are being paid for doing examinations that they aren't actually doing; as well as being paid £15.00 per jab.  I bet they wouldn't pay me £15.00 a go if I offered up my time.

Also: often the opportunity for operations is missed due to patients not bothering to tell the Hospital that they no longer require surgery, they simply don't turn up on the day: = a theatre slot empty unless a patient can be called in at the last minute.  Ready primed, nil by mouth from mid-night, have your case packed ready.  I have personal experience of this.

Initially yes, all consultants cancelled routine operations because beds were potentially required for Covid cases.  However, many beds remained empty depending on where the pockets of covid were ........... the NHS cannot make more iCU or critical care beds available than they already have, though most patients have oxygen points by each bed regardless.  Then there needs to be staff qualified to use those correctly.

I found that it was the waiting once diagnosed that was the worst, once I was in the system I felt supported and getting on with it. 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2021, 03:42:35 PM »

misinformation still circulating. In our village shop just now a couple (about my age) were telling the staff that 95% of people in hospital with covid are unvaccinated.  This is not true the correct figure is 35% so the majority ARE  vaccinated.  I put them straight!  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2021, 03:43:25 PM »

;D. well done. Would love to have been a fly on the wall .......

What was there reaction?

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2021, 06:54:26 PM »

;D. well done. Would love to have been a fly on the wall .......

What was there reaction?

They were OK about it actually CLKD and said maybe they misheard.  I told them to go and check on Full Facts.  The assistant said nothing but they never want to upset customers. 

I tell you, the older I get, the less I care what people think of me!  ;D ;D  ;D

CLKD

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2021, 07:43:30 PM »

U and me both - especially as I'm always right  :rofl:

It's all about networking and getting people off fake web-sites and fake news ;-). 

Pennyfarthing

« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2021, 10:33:22 PM »

U and me both - especially as I'm always right  :rofl:

It's all about networking and getting people off fake web-sites and fake news ;-).

Some people go a bit bonkers when they get on social media.  My friend is a former Head of Maths in a High School. She is one of the most sensible people I know yet she is forever sharing stupid stuff on FB like “you can win this top of the range camper van just by “liking” this.”  I tell her it’s a scam and she replies “oh well, it’s worth a go.”   ;D ;D ;D.     Another woman I know very well who is very talented in her field of work does the same and also shares fake news all the time.  I keep telling her to check it out because it’s a scam or fake news but she takes no notice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14