Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Red clover  (Read 2123 times)

Nas

Red clover
« on: December 08, 2021, 09:13:26 PM »

Has anyone successfully taken red clover for menopausal symptoms?
I just can’t get on with HRT at all. Keep bleeding/ period pain etc.p and sick of it now.

Trying the herbal route and thinking red clover and a Bach menopause tincture. I know it’s no real replacement for Oestrogen, but enough is enough.

Thanks  :)

Postmeno3

Re: Red clover
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 09:28:16 PM »

Can't help you with that, Nas, sorry. I've used herbs very successfully in the past and through a medical herbalist, but not to do with menopause. Also, TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) might be worth a try. Possibly alongside acupuncture, it's reputedly very effective in hormonal issues. I take it you know of Sage and Black Cohosh? Sorry conventional approaches seem not to be compatible with you just now.

Kathleen

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2021, 09:34:32 AM »

Hello Nas.

A GP recommended Red Clover to me and suggested that I give it a try.
I was fiddling with my HRT at the time so I didn't pursue it but she may have seen other patients benefit and that's why she mentioned it.

Sorry that I can't be of more help but I hope Red Clover helps you.

Take care.

K.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2021, 04:49:01 PM »

Thanks both.
I’m loathed to spend more money on this damm menopause, but have had enough of trying to find a HRT regime which suits my body.

Maybe I will leave it for now and have a think

X

Haydo

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2021, 05:19:21 PM »

I was unable to take HRT and used sage, acupuncture, Menopace and Bach remedies to help me with symptoms.  I also ate and drank lots of soya products.  Red clover didn’t suit me, so do not give up if you find it doesn’t suit you.  I am post menopausal now but still use sage, Bach remedies and acupuncture. 

Nas

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2021, 05:35:15 PM »

Here’s the thing with menopace. It seems to be largely vitamins ( which I’m not deficient in) but if it works, that’s great.

Which BACH do you use Haydo?

Postmeno3

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2021, 05:44:29 PM »

Just sneaking in to say I think combo treatments CAN be harder to figure out what is actually working. Maybe try one non-combo thing and see how you get on?  It can get a costly process, though, you're right!

Haydo

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2021, 06:57:59 PM »

You’re right Postmeno3 it cost me a fortune and a lot of trial and error.  Introducing one thing at a time is the key.  The combination I ended up taking controlled my symptoms so that they were manageable. 

Nas  - I have taken a course in Bach flower remedies so use different ones depending on how I’m feeling.  Before I took the course I initially consulted with a Bach flower practitioner for guidance, which probably saved me a lot of money in buying remedies that would not work for me.  It is very much an individual thing.  There are books which might help you if you don’t want to do that. 

Postmeno3

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2021, 07:50:34 PM »

I suggest leave Menopace and Bach out just now? These have a combination of ingredients. Research sage, black cohosh and red clover and see what you are personally drawn to? Whatever you may decide to try will take time. Herbs are very slow, but very kind. 😊

Nas

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2021, 07:58:14 PM »

Thanks post meno.

You are right, herbs can take a long time to work  ( if they are going to).
My mum has bought me three months supply of bach flower tincture, but I need something which is going to work quickly ( have job, teen kids Etc) and I need to function and have a level head and mood.

Maybe I will stick to the Bach and leave it at that for now?
 My mood is going to dip, that’s the thing.
If I could get the bleeding on HRT sorted, I may be in with a chance!

It’s all terribly frustrating this time of life!

Xx

Postmeno3

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2021, 08:28:36 PM »

It sure is. Sadly, herbs have a relationship with our issues to determine. Can you manage to find an acupuncturist? If you have a training school near you, they might offer a rate as a "guinea-pig"? I think herbs and acupuncture is a marvellous combination, but, like the HRT journey, it takes time to find the right match. Maybe the urgency you feel can be met by just feeling that you're doing something, taking control. Read, read, read and inform yourself. See what lands. Let your gut instinct drive things!