Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Burning up for long periods  (Read 1105 times)

Dawnp

Burning up for long periods
« on: December 07, 2021, 12:20:30 PM »

I wondered if anyone else has had the same experience as me. I’m not even sure if it’s menopause.
I am burning up on the inside for 12 hours at a time. No sweats. My middle feels like it is on fire. Predominately starts in the evening or night but does not go away or even go up and down. HRT does not seem to be helping and I am desperate to know if this is actually menopause.

Gracie

Re: Burning up for long periods
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 12:28:17 PM »

It might be reflux. Over a certain age the world and his wife are prescribed Omeprazole to control the symptoms of weak stomach muscles.
Its surprising just how much the stomach can control our lives and give us lots of nasty symptoms.

Dawnp

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 12:32:41 PM »

It’s not really like that. My whole body is burning up, even though the worst of it is in my middle. I’m already taking Omeprazole.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 12:38:32 PM »

A friend had intense sweats after her evening meal, never at any other time.  It took years to realise it was peri-menopause, 'hot flushes' with a vengeance.  Is the feeling internal?

It's often hard to describe the anomalies that menopause throws up  >:(

Omeprazole can help acid reflux.  I take my capsule in the morning.  4 me it's like burning liquid returning into my mouth when I lay down, lots of saliva produced.  If I take the capsule in the morning this is less of an issue.

How is your over all body temperature, do you have a thermometer?

Dawnp

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 12:43:34 PM »

The feeling is very much internal. I don’t have any sweats. As an example I felt okay when I went to bed last night but woke up at 1am because I was burning up, and it’s still the same now at almost 1pm. My temp is stubbornly normal! But I feel absolutely dreadful. This has been happening for a few months now.

Gracie

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2021, 02:04:18 PM »

It sounds miserable and really needs a diagnoses from a doctor.
Have you researched the internet for similar symptoms to yours? Perhaps someone on here can relate to your symptoms and shred some light.

Hope you find the answer soon, keep us up to date if only to help others that might suffer the same.

Dawnp

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2021, 02:11:23 PM »

Many thanks. I’ve been struggling to get a diagnosis for months. Because I talked about burning up the doc immediately said menopause but I currently think they are incorrect.

mandss

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2021, 02:24:21 PM »

I feel the same, I am sat here with freezing cold hands and feet but my body is boiling, and the back of my neck feels so hot. Its not like a hot flush as it lasts for hours. Same all through the night, it like I cannot control my own temperature. Thyroid checks always come back as ok.

Dawnp

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2021, 04:22:20 PM »

Oh that’s really interesting and does sound really similar to me. And I’m sorry to hear you are suffering too. My thyroid checks came back negative too. I have also had the same thought about my body not being able to control my temperature. Have you been diagnosed with menopause? Or are you in the same situation as me and still trying to get a diagnosis?

mandss

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 05:57:27 PM »

I have been peri for 4 years now, have tried HRT but am currently trying to do without. 3 months so far. I am 50 next month but am yet to be actually diagnosed as post meno. My sleep is dreadful because I am so hot all night, but then waking up shivering with cold ! Keep me up to date with  how you are xxxx

Dawnp

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 06:33:21 PM »

Will do. Thanks so much for replying. Xx

mandss

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2021, 06:06:19 PM »

A few nights ago my skin was really itchy because I felt so hot, so I took a Piriton tablet (anti histamine) and I did not feel hot all through the night as I usually do. So the following night I took a Cetrizine (anti histamine) and again I was not hot. I have been looking into histamine/hot flushes... so am going to trial the anti histamine for a few weeks and see what happens. Thought I would let you know xxx