Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Advised to change to patches from Sandrena and Utrogestan  (Read 852 times)

tgisue

Advised to change to patches from Sandrena and Utrogestan
« on: December 07, 2021, 10:35:53 AM »

Hi all,
I started 2 pumps Oestrogel and  continuous daily Utrogestan in June as 57. Upped to 3 pumps beginning of Sept. I had light monthly spotting since starting in June, but know it can take 6 months to settle. Changed to Sandrena  equivalent 1st October due to return of some symptoms.
 Within a couple of weeks started with really sore boobs and pretty much constant spotting since beginnning of Nov. I had a private ultrasound today and abdominal scan was 4.9mm endo thickness and because of lie of my uterus, it was difficult to get trans vaginal reading, which came out as 6mm but she didnt think it was a reliable. She was sure I didnt need to rush to GP for hysteroscopy.
She advised me to maybe change to patches to see if that stops the breakthrough bleeding and repeat scan in 3 months.
Does anyone have any opinions on which conti patches are less likely to cause bleeding?

Many thanks

sheila99

Re: Advised to change to patches from Sandrena and Utrogestan
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 10:43:39 AM »

I can't answer your questions but you could reduce the sandrena. As you have sore boobs I think you're absorbing more than on oestrogel and it may be too much now.