Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: What if you're still having monthly bleeds after 7 months on a new regime?  (Read 973 times)

Noheroicsplease

I stopped my periods around 7 years ago. I went onto HRT for about 3 years (Mirena and estrogen patch). Then I came off. Had 18 months-2 years without HRT and no periods, as before.

Last July I went back onto a new regime. 100mg Utrogestan vaginally and Evorel patch.

Every month I have a bleed, like a period. It lasts several days.

My gynae friend tells me this isn't right, that NICE guidelines actually say I should only expect a bleed for first three months.

I've got a call booked with doctor next week, but what can I expect? To be told this regime isn't right for me?

Noheroicsplease

Bump

Dotty

Hi it’s a difficult one to answer…. Can you tell us how old you are ?

You say that you haven’t had periods for 7 years…. During this time we’re you taking any sort of hormones? We’re you using a Mirena?

Sorry if you’ve already explained this x.

Noheroicsplease

Hi Dotty

I'm 52. My period stopped at around 46. After 18 months of no period, I went on mirena coil and Estrogen patch for about 2.5 years, maybe...then I stopped HRT for 18 months and didn't have a period.

Thanks

Dotty

Hi it could be that your body is not ready for a continuous regime. You could have the Mirena again. The Mirena seems to be better than Utrogestan at stopping bleeding. x

Noheroicsplease

But I didn't have a period for years before and in between the Mirena.

sheila99

Perhaps ask for a scan to check the lining isn't too thick. I thought it was the first 6 months you could on a conti egime not 3 but I think it should have settled by now. As you were OK with a mirena before perhaps the best solution is to ditch the utro and use a mirena again.

Noheroicsplease

Yeah, the only reason i went onto this regime is because the utro helps my insomnia. The mirena did nothing for me in that respect.

sheila99

Is it possible your oestrogen levels are still too low? My insomnia was caused by oestrogen deficiency.