Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 3945 times)

discokaren

Headaches
« on: December 05, 2021, 12:06:26 PM »

Can you lovely ladies please give some advice on how to get rid of these constant headaches. ???

Flossieteacake

Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 12:57:19 PM »

Can you lovely ladies please give some advice on how to get rid of these constant headaches. ???

Hello discokaren. Have you read the leaflets of any medication you are on to see if headaches are a side effect? If that is not the issue then I hear dehydration can cause headaches. Maybe you could try drinking more water? I am sorry you are getting constant headaches. They are horrid.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 01:03:41 PM »

Headaches may increase during menopause due to hormonal upheavals.  Did U suffer previously?

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 01:20:54 PM »

Where are you at age wise and hormonally??

I've been suffering with constant headaches for ages. Meno clinic told me to try all different contraceptive pills for my peri symptoms. After a horrible time on all the trials I'm now off them. 2 months in... Headaches have vanished 🤔

However, I also started high dose good quality magnesium, which is meant to be good for migraines. So I don't know which has helped???!!!

discokaren

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 03:20:13 PM »

Hi, I am 50 and have all 100 symptoms of menopause,  don't take HRT.
I suffer quite bad anxiety, gastric problems, panic attacks, teeth and gum problems, palpitations plus to many to mention.
Every day there seems to be a new problem.......Oh the Joy's of being female.

CrispyChick

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2021, 03:56:35 PM »

Most likely hormonal. Probably settle down as u go further into meno.

HRT might help.

Defo worth trying magnesium. I bought a high dose that has 3 different types of magnesium. I can't say which has worked for me, either hormones or magnesium, but I'm staying on the magnesium.

I was having daily headaches, migraines and sinus issues. All gone.

HelloSam666

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »

Hi Crispy Chick, i am not on HRT too but my migraines & bad headaches plus insomnia became so frequent it was becoming very impactful on day to day life. I tried amitriptyline as per my GPs suggestion (i mentioned this in another post) and though it helped, i did find after a couple of weeks it had other side effects including a blackout whilst out for dinner which really scared me (i was only on 10mg).

I'm now using progesterone cream from the USA and it made a huge difference within a few days on my sleep & migraines. So much so, i'm not going to pick up my Sumatriptan prescription due this week. I know a lot of people are very anti this cream but i'm living proof it has made a massive difference. Everyone is different of course and perhaps in my early 50s i was just a little bit low on progesterone, who knows but i will continue for the time being.

CrispyChick

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 04:06:20 PM »

Interesting.

For all my other hormonal issues (that the pill did not help) I am about to start progesterone. I am 45 and am low in progesterone apparently.

Yes, there are a lot of people don't agree this could help, but I've tried everything suggested to me by the meno clinic. At no point do they suggest progesterone.

I'm glad to hear it is working for you. Reassures me that I'm also right tobtry progesterone. Now my migraines have settled down im a little apprehensive. I hope the prog doesn't restart mine!

HelloSam666

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 05:35:24 PM »

It's strange but i tried Utrogestan progesterone pills when i started HRT (for a very brief week) and this medication made my migraines a thousand times worse. The worst medication i have ever taken and i certainly will not consider it again. The cream i use is a different formulation of progesterone and has made a big difference. The relief of not waking up with a headache or migraine is so blissful :-)!!!!!

CrispyChick

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2021, 08:00:51 PM »

I suspect it maybe comes down to dose.

Utrogestan comes in set, high doses. I'm getting compounded progesterone tailored to my deficiency - I hope. I could've had cream, but they're trialling me on tablets first.

What strength is your cream??? How did you know where to buy from?

I do believe a lot of Europe and the States use progesterone creams.

HelloSam666

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2021, 09:45:31 PM »

I think you're right regarding the actual high set dose with Utrogestan hence feeling awful with it. And on top of that, an oestrogen patch which i definitely did not need.

I have actually bought my cream from the USA - Biovea after much searching and reading up on my symptoms - trying to figure out my own solution. The amount i'm taking is 20mg per dose - one in the morning and one in the evening. Although in the first week or so, i probably used a bit more than that but with no adverse effects.

CrispyChick

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2021, 11:04:50 AM »

Duscokaren - does this thread help you at all?

Hellosam666, I find your use of prog cream facinating. I did a search on this forum last night - very few people posting about using progesterone cream. Maybe they're all happy and settled in it and not on the forum 🤷‍♀️. The forum is certainly wider than the UK, so you'd expect some posts.

I can totally relate to your HRT experience. Mine was the same. The estrogen alone part sent my symptoms skyrocketing. That's all the meno clinic suggested I could try 🤔. I now know my estrogen levels are fine. But I am hugely symptomatic and probably unbalanced. My prog is low.  I havd now paid an extortionate amount of money to be told I need prog supplementation. I've had to have a pelvic scan etc... So I'll be well monitored through my use.

Whilst I accept prog alone is unlikely to be beneficial post meno, at the peri stage it makes sense. I will certainly post up my experience on the alternative thread - good or bad.

We've digressed on the headache question 🤣 but I find your prog cream usage facinating.

HelloSam666

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2021, 08:28:28 PM »

Hi CrispyChick,

i cannot even remember now how i stumbled across the suggestion of progesterone cream although i'd been doing my own research online trying to find a solution to my problem that didn't involve taking HRT from the doctors. I certainly wish i'd found it earlier, it would have saved a lot of time and money, particularly with the private menopause doctor who gave me the HRT medication. We live and learn ;-).

Most of the info i found about progesterone cream was from the USA or Australia. And as you say, not many people comment on here about it or if it has been mentioned, someone is always quick to compare it to snake oil or that is ineffective and that HRT is the only option. Coincidentally, i had a pre-arranged call with my GP today for a check-up on how things had been going this last couple of months. I mentioned that i had been using progesterone cream and seen a huge improvement on migraines/sleep. He had never heard of it but was quite interested to know more so he could discuss with colleagues!!

I don't know if i'll be fine on this for the next few months or years, who knows. But for now, it's working well for me and that's all we can ask for sometimes  ;D

sweettooth

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2021, 08:36:05 PM »

Crispy Chuck Sorry to butt in but which magnesium do you take plz?

CrispyChick

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2021, 10:56:46 AM »

Hi.

I'm taking magnesium by hey nutrition. It's a 3 type magnesium extract. It's made in UK and I'd read it was one of the best. They offer a 60 day money back guarantee if your not happy. It's big cheap though. But I got no results with supermarket magnesium.
Pages: [1] 2