Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Period type pains as soon as I start the progesterone part of the cycle  (Read 645 times)

Tashw72

I'm on my third top of HRT (Elleste Conti, Femeston and now Everol patches). Felt sick and had headaches from day one with Femeston, Elleste was great for the first two weeks and then rubbish as soon as I was on the combination; terrible headaches, migraine, nausea, bloating and awful moods and temper. The most painful periods which lasted longer than my normal period too. The patches, have started well, but put on the combined patch Thursday morning and on Thursday night I was woken in the early hours with cramp and had to take some pain killers. I now feel bloated and have a dull aching feeling, not terrible but it's as if my period is due any day when I actually have almost two weeks to go : (

Is it possible that my natural progesterone levels are actually still relatively normal so the added extra is causing the problems? Or is it the type of progesterone? I feel so 'normal' with the oestrogen and then so rubbish for the second two weeks of the month. My GP is willing to keep trying different things but it feels like a stab in the dark.  Anyone having a similar response?

Nas

Re: Period type pains as soon as I start the progesterone part of the cycle
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2021, 10:31:07 PM »

It could be the synthetic progesterone in the combined patch which is causing the problem? How about switching to a separate Oestrogen patch with body identical progesterone, such as utrogestan? You may feel better.

Progesterone can be a real issue for some women I think, so it’s worth trying a couple of types, to see which suits the body and brain.

🤞🙂

Tashw72

Re: Period type pains as soon as I start the progesterone part of the cycle
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2021, 07:32:54 AM »

Thanks Nas. I will investigate. My GP doesn’t know a lot about it but she is very open to prescribing different types of HRT.