Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Seasonal Decorations  (Read 2468 times)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Seasonal Decorations
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2021, 09:30:32 AM »

Does Mr Darcy get out and about = being fed elsewhere or catching his own ;-) ?

Did the Vet recommend a 'special' diet which they sell ............. cutting back may be the way to go. 

JeanGenie

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2021, 12:52:08 PM »

He is an indoor cat so his.weight gain is because he was getting fed too often. There's 4 of us in the house so the crafty cat would do the rounds. No-one  knew who was feeding him when and too many titbits given. We've solved that by dispensing the amount he needs  daily into a small container.....that way anyone can see exactly how much he's been given and how much he has left.  It was the veterinary nurse who did his weigh in last Friday and she recommended a special food to be slowly introduced ....they don't sell it but it's available from pet shops etc.
He'll have to get a bit of turkey at Xmas though....I can just picture the dining room on Xmas day.....he'd be staring us all out. :)

CLKD

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2021, 12:57:08 PM »

:rofl:  when I had two ginger kittens, DH would catch dog fish  :beaurk: but they loved it.  They would sit on either side of the saucepan batting at the steam  ;D.  They would know when we had condensed milk or cheese in the fridge, they would know exactly which shelf it was on.  They would sit, waiting for me to open fridge door then would pounce and run off with ham/cheese or the tin  :(  :D.

One would have weighed at least a stone had he not taken on a fight with a car and lost  :'(.  The other did the same, 9 days later  >:(

I mentioned the yew tree in the post of earth which the next 2 kittens really, really loved ..........

I've hung a line of small green and red bells on the front door .............

JeanGenie

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2021, 01:24:50 PM »

Awww....that's awfully sad....to lose the two in such a short space of time. I was never really a cat lady until this wee chap came along....now I understand when people say they are part of the family. He's a very handsome black and white tuxedo cat....and he knows it.  :) He's also like a ninja where food is concerned.....I daren't turn my back on anything on the kitchen worktop for even a minute. A real pain in the bum trying to find somewhere safe to set things to cool etc. Keeps me on my toes though and makes me laugh.

I'm thinking of maybe making a Xmas wreath for the front door....never tried it before but I fancy a challenge.
There are some houses near me who have really gone overboard with the outside decs and lights. I used to think all that was a bit OTT....but now , in these times, I love it....makes everything look really cheery.

CLKD

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2021, 01:47:44 PM »

I have for several years bought decorations and wreaths of that soft stuff  -  name escapes me  -  and made 5 thus far.  The 1 which I put on the front door 3 weeks ago has been pecked by the blue tits so will need repairs.  If I can be bothered  ::).   :D

Lights are on a timer over night.  We have a spare artificial tree without a base ......... that will probably go to charity. 
Pages: 1 [2]