Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: trans vaginal scan pain  (Read 1077 times)

helenc

trans vaginal scan pain
« on: December 02, 2021, 08:48:50 AM »

hi everyone - I posted a couple of weeks ago that I had a trans vaginal scan after post meno bleeding on HRT (they switched from sequential to continuous) - this revealed an endometrial thickness of 5mm - yesterday I had another scan - a standard scan and another trans vaginal scan - this showed a possible polyp (the test was done at a different hospital and she didnt have the result of the first one - also it showed a 6 mm thickness - she told me this is subjective - obviously I am off the scale as I now need further investigation - but when she was performing the trans vaginal scan it felt uncomfortable and I have been sore ever since (about 24 hours) - is this normal?

helenc

Re: trans vaginal scan pain
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 09:13:14 AM »

Hi Avalon - no I dont have vaginal atophy - the uncomfortable feeling I have is sort of more uterine - (without putting too fine a point on it it feels like I have had vigorous sex! - sorry if I am not allowed to say that but it is the only thing I can liken it too)

Cazikins

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2021, 02:31:35 PM »

The probe they use when scanning can be painful. It should settle down soon. Take paracetamol for 24 hours & hopefully that will help.
I had a polyp removed in Jan this year - I think my lining was 8mm & I was worried sick but it all ended out ok. They performed a hysteroscopy and although it was painful it was not unbearable. I sang when it was at its worse, just to take my mind off it.
It's all the worrying before hand.
Love Cazi x

CrispyChick

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2021, 03:25:04 PM »

I had a scan recently. I felt uncomfortable during it then very bloated afterwards. I have a tilted uterus.

I asked if it should be painful and she said it can be, especially given the position of my bits.

Could that be same for you???

helenc

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2021, 07:36:23 AM »

thank you all so much for your replies - I am waiting to hear from the hospital - I have Generalised Anxiety Disorder (which I refuse to take meds for for a ton of reasons- I manage by meditation etc) but my mental health is off the scale with this

laszla

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2021, 03:33:25 PM »

Helen my endometrium was 6.5 and UCL said that was absolutely fine (I'm on sequi so it waxes and wanes throught the month but the 6.5 was at the thinner part of the month).
I symphathise re anxiety, meditation is fantastic.