Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: hair loss  (Read 814 times)

Me

hair loss
« on: December 07, 2021, 04:14:21 PM »

Hi all
After my disastrous false starts with hrt gel and tablets for migraines, I finallly had a sensible appointment with a GP who knew what she was talking about and I've been taking Evorel Sequi for a month and.  About 2 weeks in I noticed my hair was shedding more than usual but thought it was change of weather or just a blip.  It comes out a lot in the shower and when I'm drying my hair and brushing it, literally having to hoover more often because it's everywhere (including in food, yuk).  However, my 12 yr old DD was doin me a french plait yesterday and said it was thin on the top and took a picture  :o
So depressing. 
I've done a bit of research and it seems that the norethisterone in Evorel is andrgoenic and probably responsible.  However, I've also read that this can 'settle down' after a while.
The only thing being on hrt has done for me so far is make me feel less 'droopy', physically, mentally and emotionally.  Haven't noticed an improvement in migraines and as I didn't have any menopause symptoms to begin with I wonder if I should just come off it.
any advice welcome!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: hair loss
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 04:43:23 PM »

HRT doesn't always work ......... mayB list your symptoms and decide which you would like to ease first?

We have several threads about hair loss.  Mine is thinning, I'm not on HRT; I use 'ovestin' vaginal atrophy treatment regularly; it's like my hair follicles simply aren't replacing as quickly.

Me

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2021, 05:21:59 PM »

Hi CLKD
I've never had any symptoms.  I was prescribed hrt for migraines which I've had for decades and nothing to do with periods.  Had no idea if it would work or not.  So far it hasn't made much difference although meds seem to be more effective.
I also have an inflammatory arthritis which causes me a lot of pain and was starting to get me down.  I feel since being on hrt I've got a bit more backbone!  It has done nothing for the pain, obviously, but I feel a bit more upright and my mood is a bit better.  But nothing drastic and I can't be sure that it's that.  It may be my imagination but the muscles in my face look less saggy and a lot of my migraine pain is in my face.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 07:35:44 PM »

Don't knock it.  If you feel better, stick with it ;-)

Have you ever been investigated regarding the migraines?  Sometimes they can be cyclic ........ it's fortunately not anything that I have had.  When I get a twinge of a headache I take 'nurofen' or I get queasy  :-X

Would you migraines be related to your neck at all?  Referred pain?

Me

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2021, 09:55:43 PM »

yes, I am a veteran of investigations for migraines!  Just one of those things.  They're not cyclical and at times have been more like cluster headaches.