Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Vulvodynia  (Read 999 times)

Rhinoslass

Vulvodynia
« on: November 27, 2021, 08:24:47 PM »

Is anyone suffer from this please. I am on 40mg of amitriptyline.  Its vestibule vulvodynia can any one give advice. Only been told on Tues about this. And I am really down about it nothing seems to be helping the pain and its very uncomfortable to even sit

Whatsupwiththis

Re: Vulvodynia
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 10:01:50 PM »

Yes I had it.  I say 'had' because the topical estrogen seems to be working.  From what I was told, it can leave as fast as it comes.  There are several sights devoted to it however don't be alarmed by what you read.  I was put on amitrip for approx. 6 months.  I started at 10 and was told to increase 10 mg. every 7 days up until 60 mg. until the pain was gone for at least 2 weeks.  Then tapered off.

Good luck.  It is very uncomfortable but if using topical estrogen,  perhaps use daily.  Along with the amitrip., it eventually eased.  Another one to try is Gabepentin along with physio.  I was told mine was caused from overly tight pelvic muscles.

CrispyChick

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 11:01:47 PM »

I was diagnosed with this a few years ago... Never offered any treatment. Mine comes anf goes, has done since my 20s. It us horrific, but then I have periods where I have no problem with it at all.

However, now at 45 (and on this forum with hormonal issues), I swear mine is hormonally linked.

Are you on any hormonal treatment??? May be worth considering when it started /if it goes and returns... Look for links.

Rhinoslass

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2021, 10:25:24 AM »

I am on hrt patches. I am just at a loss. I feel as though my lady bits are not as plump as they use to be. All this started last Nov when they said it was menapause.  Yes I understand every lady goes through mp but I am struggling to get my head around the changes its making.  I don't feel like a woman no more I cry all the time not had intercourse for a while. Yes I am married to a wonderful man. But its still hard to get my head in a good place. I have just had a message from gp to have face to face about my hrt. But I am really considering changing my hrt. As I don't think the patch evorel conti is doing me any gd. I have just turned 57 in sep. And that bubbly person that once was has gone some were. Sorry for long post x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 10:49:05 AM »

It's The Change: does what is says on the tin.  Why change your HRT regime?  If it's working?   Ask for some atrophy treatment which will plump up the area.  Have you any pain relief which may ease symptoms?  VA for me was like razor blades  :o up there until my GP gave me 'ovestin'.