Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Symptoms and doses advice please and thanks  (Read 659 times)

chillybiscuits

• First Flush
Symptoms and doses advice please and thanks
« on: November 27, 2021, 09:45:24 AM »

Hello! Looking for some help from you wise and helpful ladies in understanding what might be going on with me...

I seem to have some chronic fatigue thing and I am trying to establish whether it might be menopause related or due to other health stuff. It's been going on for 3 years and I am fed up feeling knackered all the time. My husband has to push me up the smallest of hills when we walk most days!

When I started HRT I was on 2 pumps of Estrogel. I noticed a big change in energy levels overnight though when I went from 2 to 3 pumps daily. Therefore, I hoped for the same improvement when going from 3 to 4 pumps 6 months ago (due to the tiredness and trying to boost my immune system... I've got other health stuff going on). Blood test showed me at 382 on 3 pumps and a test yesterday 511 on 4 pumps. The Panay NHS clinic said my Estradiol was a bit low for my age at 382 and said I should be 400 ish hence increasing to 4 pumps. I put all gel on in one dose in AM. I also take Tostran 1 pump every other day and I'm thinking about increasing this to give me more energy- I've just tried in the last week 1 pump every day but started getting erratic heartbeats. It could be unrelated but would like to know if Tostran has affected anyone this way? I can't say I noticed any benefits from the Testosterone when I first started taking it.

Weirdly, in the last month I have developed really sore boobs... This has happened before when I started HRT but a daily Starflower oil sorted that out. It's odd that is has randomly started now after a change in HRT 6 months ago. Any thoughts?

About me... I'm 45. I had a hysterectomy + ovaries out at 40 due to Endometriosis. I have been seen by Nick Panay's NHS Clinic but haven't had an appointment for a couple of years. I've now moved to Scotland and waiting for an appointment at the NHS clinic in Aberdeen.

HRT-

Utrogestan - 100mg inserted every night
Vagifem - 5 out of 7 nights
Estrogel - 4 pumps daily
Tostran - 1 pump every other day

Starflower Oil - 1000mg daily

Plus... a whole heap of other good supplements.

Looking forward to hearing from anyone as I'm feeling a bit lost in my symptoms.

Thanks  :) x

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: Symptoms and doses advice please and thanks
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 12:04:09 PM »

Tiredness can be caused by thyroid dis-function as well as low VitD levels.  A few years ago I suffered with low VitD, a box of capsules solved that.  We shouldn't put down all symptoms to menopause.  It might be worth while getting a blood screening?

How's the weather Up North  :o ?

chillybiscuits

• First Flush
Re: Symptoms and doses advice please and thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 05:22:03 PM »

Thanks so much for that! I have some good vit D supplementation but low thyroid sounds just like me! just waiting on bloods from GP to see if anything points in that direction. I'll let you know if so!

Weather has been WILD. Love watching the waves x