Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

media

Author Topic: Just saying hello x  (Read 907 times)

Deb

• First Flush
Just saying hello x
« on: November 24, 2021, 08:05:39 PM »

Hi,
I am new here, recommended by my GP. I am 55 and considering HRT to combat the awful hot flushes, night sweats, insomnia….. Been putting up with it for a few years but GP is very pro HRT and gave me information overload today! She is so lovely but basically said it’s my choice and…. did I want patches or tablets??? I was at a loss and said I hadn’t researched it yet. Think I will go for it as I have osteopenia and apparently there are benefits for bone health. Does anyone have any advice re. tablets or patches?? I am definitely not for the coil. Nice to be here and see all the support you give each other.

Postmeno3

Re: Just saying hello x
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 08:11:48 PM »

Hi Deb and welcome.
You are very fortunate with such an empathic and wise gp! Others will be along to help you as we don't know what you need hormonally yet, but the general theory is that patches are safer than tablets. Lots of friendly and knowledgeable folk will be along to help you soon! 😊

Taz2

Re: Just saying hello x
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 12:04:36 AM »

Hello Deb. I agree with Post-meno3 that you have a great GP.

I started Evorel patches fourteen years at the age of 53 in order to get my life back and it worked. Dreadful hot sweats were my reason for beginning HRT and within 48 hours my sweats had gone. I couldn't believe it! I would say, based on my own experience, give it a go. If it doesn't work then you can just stop. It takes up to three months before you know whether a particular HRT suits you so it's worth persevering through any side effects.

Taz x  :welcomemm: