Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Hrt and bleeding  (Read 1439 times)

Yam900

Hrt and bleeding
« on: November 25, 2021, 07:50:35 PM »

Hi all, I wonder if anyone can shed any light on the problem I've got with bleeding on hrt.
I've been taking Sandrena gel and Utrogestan (orally) for months now with not much problem...a bit of spotting here and there which has up now righted itself but I've had a proper period now for 10 days. I can't for the life of me think what's changed. I've lost a few pounds in weight (intentionally) but nothing else has changed. I didn't take my hrt last night. Undecided as whether to take it tonight but I don't really want to give it up as it's the best I've felt in ages but I don't want a constant period and the constant fear that I am going to leak.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 08:00:10 PM by Yam900 »

Nas

Re: Hrt and bleeding
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 08:05:51 PM »

It probably means that the progesterone isn't sufficient to oppose the oestrogen.

I have the same problem on patches. Keep gettting bleeds and periods, despite being post menopausal for over three years!

I have a scan booked next week, but don't know what to do about HRT in the mean time. I don't want to give it up either, but the balance just isn't right at the moment.

Yam900

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 08:10:19 PM »

I've thought about using half the sachet of Sandrena gel instead of the full sachet but that's like messing around with the set dose.

Nas

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 08:36:02 PM »

I know,
I don’t know what to do either really.

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2021, 10:05:39 PM »

I would see your gp. Bleeding can be expected in the first 6 months of a new conti regime but you're past that now. Any post menopausal bleeding should be investigated. It's possible you have a polyp or fibroid.

Yam900

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2021, 11:04:39 PM »

I will do, when I've exhausted all avenues I can first.

Yam900

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2021, 07:50:45 AM »

Plan of action.

Lower my oestrogen level slightly. Apply on outer thigh. I get some of the benefit. Not all.

Insert Utrogestan vaginally. Hopefully will increase the progesterone in my body.

If that doesn't work.  See my GP.

sheila99

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2021, 10:41:05 AM »

Please don't leave it too long. I didn't put it in my last post as I didn't want to worry you but abnormal bleeding is a symptom of endometrial cancer.

Yam900

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2021, 11:05:47 AM »

Thanks. I won't.