Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Positive/negatives of Hrt for you  (Read 933 times)

Weeloz

Positive/negatives of Hrt for you
« on: February 04, 2023, 05:46:17 PM »

Hi what has been your positives or/and negatives of hrt for you

Dotty

Re: Positive/negatives of Hrt for you
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2023, 06:10:31 PM »

Positives….removed all of my horrific symptoms.

Negatives…none

KaraShannon

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2023, 06:53:22 PM »

Positives are that it made me feel so much better, in so many ways it's hard to describe.

Negatives are that at the moment I may be on too much estradiol and get weird head zaps but they have improved with lowering the dose.  Not a big deal and I wouldn't want to stop hrt because of it, it just needs tweaking.

Flossieteacake

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 07:23:44 PM »

Positives: Improved joint and bone pain. Reduced VA symptoms. Improved brain fog. Lifted my low mood.

Negatives: My breasts are much bigger.

Songbird

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 08:33:46 PM »

Positives - alleviated menopausal symptoms, no doubt about that..
Negatives - possibly a little bit more dozy! Think it may be related to utrogestan! For me, positives more than outweigh negatives..

Dandelion

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2023, 09:14:01 PM »

Positives, removed physical symptoms, except for when I had to decrease oestrogen because of bleeding.
Negatives, relying on pharmacies and suppliers.

Weeloz

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2023, 10:59:44 PM »

Thank you all for your replies. I have been on and off hrt since last Dec and trying to decide whether to go back on it.

VanillaLover

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2023, 08:27:57 AM »

Positives : got rid of palpitations, improved sleep so much so I’m not as desperately tired and can actually cope with life. Improved dizziness. Got rid of horrible forehead eczema and dry skin.

Negatives: still have some symptoms like hot flushes and tiredness sometimes (peri). Worry about how/when to come off it. Worry that it’s not in sync with my own periods in any way (cyclical) and what that means. Worry that I would be better off without it as sometimes I have what I think are high oestrogen symptoms. Put on weight, boobs huge.

flossie fiddler

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 09:25:48 AM »

Positives: all my symptoms vastly improved or virtually non-existent (Poor sleep, no energy, a weird all over body inflammation, especially at night, joint pain, dryness of all mucus membranes, VA, brain fog, emotions all over the place - would cry at the slightest thing, inability to regulate body temperature, loss of sex drive, thinning hair, the feeling that someone is sticking pins into my arms and legs, like nerve zaps)

Negatives: initially Evorel Conti caused bleeding that got more regular and prolonged over time  (I’m post meno) so switched to Evorel 50 and Utrogestan. Things seem to be improving now, not quite there yet, but it’s looking positive.

I took a 2.5 year break from all HRT except Vagifem.  ALL symptoms gradually returned, until I could stand it no longer. When I went back on HRT the improvement was dramatic. Within 5 hours I felt my head clearing. I feel brilliant on it. For me, the quality of life far outweighs any risk factors. 

Mollymoo

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2023, 06:50:26 PM »

Positives - no palpitations, no panic attacks, not dry down below, bone health has improved

Negatives - get monthly symptoms similar to a period and brown spotting