Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Pfizer booster side effects. Aching muscles/joints  (Read 2461 times)

Katejo

Pfizer booster side effects. Aching muscles/joints
« on: November 03, 2021, 10:09:56 PM »

I had the booster yesterday morning after having AstraZeneca 1st and 2nd  time. I did get muscle/joint aches with the 1st AstraZeneca  but milder than today. I woke up feeling lousy during last night but did think it would improve by this evening.
Have you had similar?

Hopefully it is a sign of it taking effect.

My arm is also more uncomfortable than with AstraZeneca.

groundhog

Re: Pfizer booster side effects. Aching muscles/joints
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2021, 12:19:29 AM »

Hi Katejo,
I had AZ one and two with no real effect apart from exhaustion on the second.
I had the Pfizer booster last Friday and went down hill sat evening, aching hands and feet and felt awful. Awoke In the night following the jab with temp of 39 ! .  It’s difficult as I have other health conditions so I’m not sure what is causing what but long story short the temp last a few hours, Paracetomol brought it down and I was fine next day.
Hope you feel better tomorrow x

Katejo

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2021, 10:59:42 AM »

Hi Katejo,
I had AZ one and two with no real effect apart from exhaustion on the second.
I had the Pfizer booster last Friday and went down hill sat evening, aching hands and feet and felt awful. Awoke In the night following the jab with temp of 39 ! .  It’s difficult as I have other health conditions so I’m not sure what is causing what but long story short the temp last a few hours, Paracetomol brought it down and I was fine next day.
Hope you feel better tomorrow x
I didn't have a high temperature but was a bit shivery. It has improved today so hopefully gone by tomorrow. I took Paracetamol but it didn't make much difference.

arc73

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 11:46:17 AM »

I had Pfizer one and two, and then Pfizer for the booster. The only time I felt rough was after the second jab which is apparently fairly common for Pfizer. I hardly noticed the booster surprisingly

Katejo

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 01:23:44 PM »

I had Pfizer one and two, and then Pfizer for the booster. The only time I felt rough was after the second jab which is apparently fairly common for Pfizer. I hardly noticed the booster surprisingly
With AstraZeneca  I felt rough after the 1st but was fine after the 2nd.

Ju Ju

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2021, 12:02:38 PM »

I had the booster yesterday morning after having AstraZeneca 1st and 2nd  time. I did get muscle/joint aches with the 1st AstraZeneca  but milder than today. I woke up feeling lousy during last night but did think it would improve by this evening.
Have you had similar?

Hopefully it is a sign of it taking effect.

My arm is also more uncomfortable than with AstraZeneca.

Yes, I had the booster yesterday and tick,tick, tick. Your experience echoes mine, including the waking up in the night. DH is fine, but this is his third Pfizer vaccine. Not sure that makes any difference. His arm didn’t hurt at all, but mine did once I got to the car. The only extra problem was extreme thirst and burning down below, but I suspect this is a personal symptom as I had this happen before. I was checked for diabetes when this persisted several days, last time. Hopefully, wear off with the other symptoms.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2021, 12:28:39 PM »

We had AZ initially.  DH felt fluey with the 1st.   We are a few weeks away from deciding when to get the booster.

Ju Ju

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 04:18:59 PM »

I thought I was feeling better, but by lunchtime I lose any energy. Like you do with a virus. And with that post viral kind of depression. Everything seems over whelming. DH is cooking dinner tonight! Good move on his part!

Postmeno3

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 04:23:05 PM »

Important to take Paracetamol an hour before and as soon after within the time frame for it, afterwards! 👍

Kathleen

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 06:24:55 PM »

Hello ladies.

Fortunately I didn't have any problems with my first Astra Zeneca jab and only a sore arm the day after my second dose.  I will be having my Pfizer booster at the beginning of December.

On his YouTube channel Dr John Campbell spoke about trying to refrain from using Paracetamol if possible. A raised temperature/fever  is the body's way of fighting the virus and if we take a drug to bring our temperature down we are undermining our natural defences.  I think Dr Campbell was talking about treating a case of mild COVID but his advice may also apply to vaccination side effects such as muscle aches.

Obviously everyone is different in their responses but I thought I would mention the above as it may be helpful.

Take care everyone.

K.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 07:48:00 PM »

Both of my first two doses were AZ and I had my Pfizer booster in October.  I had nothing except a sore arm for the first two but felt awful after the booster.  Headache and fatigue for about 10 days.

Perinowpost

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 08:05:39 PM »

I had the Pfizer 1 & 2, both times I felt really good. All my aches and pains went and I had a feeling of well-being, it lasted about a day. It could have been psychological as I was grateful to receive the vaccination, but I don’t think so as it also happened the 2nd time, either way no negative side effects whatsoever x