Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Vagifem Usage and Caruncle  (Read 2618 times)

aidansrest

Re: Vagifem Usage and Caruncle
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 12:38:54 PM »

Hi All

Just a quick update.

After flexible cystoscopy in December, which revealed that my bladder was perfectly normal and the urethral caruncle was re-identified as a polyp, I had a flow test in January (all perfectly normal too) and, then spoke to urologist again in February (via phonecall).
He, quite reluctantly, agreed to remove the urethral polyp (he said it was tiny), but it was causing discomfort and had been for several months.

Had it removed last Thursday - all went well, although extremely sore, but no adverse side effects such as bleeding or infection, and was just a day case patient.
I have a phone call follow up in 6 weeks.

HRT dosage now controlling bladder urges (Evoril Conti patches), Vagifem and Ovestin cream, so hopefully in around 2 weeks time, I should be sorted.
Taken 10 months since onset of problems, but, hopefully light at the end of the tunnel!!

Best Wishes

Sue

Minusminnie

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2022, 08:35:36 AM »

Hope all continues to go well for you Sue.

Could i please ask you if the systemic HRT and local are crucial to your healing ? Would the consultant have gone ahead if you were just using local HRT do you know ?

aidansrest

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2022, 09:25:57 AM »

Hi Minusminnie!

Consultant went ahead as, although my bladder looked perfectly normal and all other issues had been resolved, or contained, I was still in discomfort around my urethra (forever rearranging my underwear!).
So he agreed to remove polyp and Im still using vagifem and ovestin cream regularly to keep area supple.
Still extremely sore, but I guess once everything calms down I start to feel better !
Best Wishes

Sue

Minusminnie

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2022, 12:26:52 PM »

Thanks for replying Sue i appreciate it.  Take Care.

aidansrest

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2022, 03:16:38 PM »

Thanks Minusminnie

I hope that my experience may help you decide what to do with your caruncle - it was a very minor operation and didn't bleed or effect my bladder.

Sue
Pages: 1 [2]