Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Another cranky throat  (Read 1907 times)

Donnadoobie

Another cranky throat
« on: November 19, 2021, 08:08:52 AM »

Second attempt, first post disappeared!

I have not posted for a while as life has been a bit crazy!

A couple if weeks ago I started with a phegmy throat and a bit of a croaky voice, I was a bit snuffles too so put it down to a cold.   All my lateral flow tests were negative.

Last week I flew to Spain and it started to get worse, more uncomfortable with phlegm and throat clearing and croakiness worse, especially in the evening.  I went to the chemist and bought omerorazole 10mg, as I thought it may be reflux related ( I have not been eating so well and having a few drinks on holiday) but no improvement.

Health anxiety is kicking in but trying to stop worrying.  My nose is still a bit congested so may be a mild upper respiratory tract infection?

Difficult to do too much in the way care while in my in laws home and hope to get a GP appointment, or at least a phone call when I go back on Sunday.

I know phlegmy throats come up a lot on this forum so wondered if anyone has any ideas on how to treat it?

Triple vaccinated and daily LFTs all negative

Gynaikeíos

Re: Another cranky throat
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2021, 09:38:43 AM »

Hello Donnadoobie. It might be two things maybe? The upper respiratory tract infection (lot of it about ) or something I get which I think is from LFT's. Getting a tense throat because of swabs. I have only the stick up the nostrils now which is not so bad, but I did not get on so well with the tonsil swabbing.
Of course we women in peri or meno have extra joy with symptoms so I am interested in if phlegm is one for the list  :)

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 06:15:26 PM »

I have a constant clearing of throat due to reflux.  For which I take 'omeprazolone' which does help a little.

Allergies do increase - reasons unknown.  Is it linked to oestrogen levels?

Dierdre

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 10:53:15 PM »

I think i get an irritation after swabbing with the LFT, I definately can taste whatever chemical residue is on the swab and my throat feels ****ly afterwards like with an allergy and becomes a bit croaky.. I do the tests twice a week and only get this feeling afterwards.

CLKD

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2021, 09:46:03 AM »

Post nasal drip can cause similar symptoms.

Donnadoobie

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 07:43:31 PM »

It seems to be improving although not cleared.   

We were doing LFTs everyday because we were going to Spain and celebrating my Mother in Law’s 91st birthday, while staying in her flat.  We do a Day 2 tomorrow, which is a nose only one.

Thanks everyone.

CLKD

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 08:15:47 PM »

Was there  :cake: :cupcake: :party09:

91 is a good age if 1 is healthy. 

Donnadoobie

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2021, 09:54:44 AM »

We had a meal in a restaurant, 37 with most but not all of her children, partners, grandchildren and got grandchildren.  Cake was involved CLKD and plenty of wine!

She is very with it mentally, a little unstable on her feet at times and diabetes is giving feet problems but generally in good form.  Her older sister is 95 and fit as a fiddle and sharpe as knife.  Lovely people.

CLKD

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2021, 12:02:36 PM »

Does she have access to a diabetic nurse?  Or a chiropodist with diabetic foot care knowledge?  Glad that there was  :cupcake: it sounds as though fun was had.  Tnx 4 the update  8)