Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got a story to tell for the magazine? Get in touch with the editor!

media

Author Topic: Estrogen levels  (Read 880 times)

Gilla999

Estrogen levels
« on: November 19, 2021, 08:15:20 AM »

Just thought I would give a little update for anyone that's been following my journey.

I have been slowly trying to reduce my Lenzetto HRT. I had started on 2 sprays which worked pretty much straight away at getting rid of my debilitating night sweats and 2am insomnia. However I also gained a LOT of weight on it and suffer from really bad constipation (especially during the luteal phase - I am still ovulating). Blood tests showed my level was 1,846 on day 21 which is much too high.

Reducing it too quickly gives me side effects (mostly an overwhelming tiredness and general ill feeling) so I've been taking it very slowly. I made it to 1.5 sprays and then this month during my luteal phase I have had a return of my original symptoms - 2am insomnia and horrendous night sweats. I have this morning up dosed back to 1.66 sprays (which I was fine on last month) and will see how I get on - hopefully I re stabilise soon! This is the first time these symptoms have returned since before starting HRT and I thought I'd share it because I think what it shows (like a lot of women on here say) is that blood tests aren't everything. I clearly need my E to be higher than the top of the range in order to not be symptomatic.

As for the weight gain and constipation, I am thinking that my Progesterone may not be high enough to balance out the high amount of Estrogen that I need. I know from my first set of tests back in 2018 when my hormones were all still my own (!) that I also have just above range P levels. I have only been using 100mg Utrogestan vaginally, so once I have restabilised I plan to try to increase that a bit and see how I go. I'm not sure if increasing Progesterone can bring on symptoms of lowered Estrogen... not sure if that's how it works?!... but I'll give it a go. Only once I've stabilised though.

Just thought I would share in case it helps anyone else - we are all so different when it comes to the level of hormones we need. And it's such a blimmin journey to 'get there' and find out what it is for you! I imagine I will need to increase my Lenzetto over time as my own Estrogen continues to fall in the background, but at least now I know what my sweet spot is, and won't worry too much about blood tests!