Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: I really don't know what to do  (Read 978 times)

mchaplin

I really don't know what to do
« on: November 18, 2021, 08:21:29 PM »

Good evening,
I really dont know what to do anymore. I had symptoms of night sweats, hot flushes, trouble sleeping, feeling low, irritable were just the main symptoms. I have been told I am perimenopause and after over a year the doctor put me on HRT. First it was patches but they would not stay on, I am now on elleste duet 1mg as well as antidepressants. My mood has improved and my sleep has as well. I am not feeling so low. However night sweats and hot flushes are still the same. I am also suffering with itching all over like ants crawling over me, dry flaky feet, feeling sick and headaches.

I really don't know what to do as i feel the doctors have had enough of me messaging. I just dont know anymore.

I am feeling less low but I just want to feel normal again.

Michaela

sheila99

Re: I really don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2021, 10:29:50 PM »

I'm sorry you're struggling. It sounds to me as though your oestrogen levels are still too low so you could ask him to increase the dose. If the headaches and feeling sick are new since taking this you might be different with a different type. I had trouble getting patches to stick but am fine with gel. Perhaps ask for oestrogel and utrogeston.

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: I really don't know what to do
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2021, 07:35:00 AM »

Morning.  If the body hasn't got where it is suddenly, then it will be a while B4 it recognises the HRT regime.  Do U keep a mood/symptom/food diary to chart progress?  As suggested, a different type of delivery might suit you better. 

Let us know how you get on.