Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Menopause Matters magazine ISSUE 76 out now. (Summer issue, June 2024)

media

Author Topic: Bleeding on Kliovance  (Read 609 times)

Tootingalong

• First Flush
Bleeding on Kliovance
« on: November 16, 2021, 07:51:58 AM »

I hadn't gone through the menopause when my GP prescribed Novofem for me over 18 months ago, when I was 55. I had the usual withdrawal bleed every month for 4/5 days  My HRT was changed to Kliovance 5 weeks ago. I've been bleeding every day since then. And it's not just spotting. I read on the information leaflet that irregular bleeding can be expected. However, I'm wondering if this extent of bleeding is also to be expected? Thank you, ladies.  :)

Hurdity

Re: Bleeding on Kliovance
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 09:27:18 AM »

Hi tooting - have you had any investigations eg to check for fibroids or polyps? Yes a certain amount of bleeding is to be expected on continuous combined HRT for the first 6 months but if the bleeding worries you eg is heavy, painful, prolonged, feels abnormal then do consult your doctor. Was your monthly withdrawal bleed normal  or heavy/painful?

Hurdity x

Tootingalong

• First Flush
Re: Bleeding on Kliovance
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 06:27:24 PM »

Thank you for your reply. I never thought of fibroid  I know I have a "fair sized" one at the back of my womb. I had a scan 15 years ago due to heavy periods and was informed then of the fibroid. I had microwave endometrial ablation to reduce, or even stop, my bleeding. It did reduce it. I have now made an appointment with my GP. Thanks again for your reply. x