Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Adding testosterone  (Read 721 times)

EllaAurora

Adding testosterone
« on: November 12, 2021, 06:07:57 PM »

Hello ladies,
I had HRT review this week and my doctor wants to add testosterone into the mix. I'm on 3 pumps Estrogel/200mg utrogestan continuously and things seem to be going to a better direction with this combo. Interestingly, I'm reading here that many ladies have issues with utrogestan but I seem to be an exception as for me the higher dose works well and helps me sleep and is overall calming (100mg dose didn't have any effect). Sleep is not perfect yet, but most nights I can sleep 5-6 hours, sometimes even 7 hours, which is a big improvement.

Overall I cant say I'm back to normal self yet, but on average I'm somewhere 80%, which is also huge improvement compared to a few months ago. Doc thinks testosterone could possibly be the final piece in the puzzle helping me to get back to 'normal'(or whatever is possible given the menopause :p)

I'm interested in hearing your experiences with testosterone: has it helped, did you have any issues, how long did it take to feel the difference etc?
I'm curious to try and hopeful that it'll help, but afraid of the side effects or that its going to somehow shake things again...

Thanks so much for sharing and hope you are all well. xx

VictoryV

Re: Adding testosterone
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2021, 01:13:58 PM »

Hi Ella,
It’s great to hear things are going well. I’m not sure what ‘normal’ is either but it sounds like you’re going in the right direction!  :)
You’re experience with Utrogestan is interesting, I’ve not worked out where I am with it yet. It makes me hungry so I don’t have anything processed or sugary in the house for those 12 days!
T was a game changer for me. I so hope it helps you too. There’s a load of info on this forum, more women are getting access to it thankfully.

Take care.
Victoria.xx