Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: Kliofem  (Read 1158 times)

NicMac

• First Flush
Kliofem
« on: November 10, 2021, 08:07:19 AM »

Hello,
I'm a new member who has just been prescribed Kliofem 2mg/1mg.
I am 51 and having some peri menopausal systems but my periods, although slightly changed are still regular.
It says this treatment is for post menopausal women.
Should I be taking this and does anyone have any advice or experience of this product.
Many Thanks
Nicola
« Last Edit: November 10, 2021, 08:24:10 AM by NicMac »

Dotty

Re: Kliofem
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:22:20 AM »

Hello 👋 and welcome to the forum.

Kliofem is a continuous hrt for post menopausal ladies…. Those who haven’t had a period for 12 months. If you are still having periods you should have been given a sequential regime …. Elleste Duet is one of these. x

NicMac

• First Flush
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 01:48:20 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 
That's what I thought! It's so annoying having plucked up the courage to go and then be prescribed something that isn't right for me!

NicMac

• First Flush
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 05:42:08 PM »

Hi,
I have spoken to my doctor today who basically stated I probably don't have many priods left, so it's fine to start Kliofem! If I don't want to take it then don't or take it and see how it goes!
He basically didn't want to prescribe me anything else. Although he was friendly I was upset that he wouldn't consider anything else, seen as I stated I was not happy with the prescription.
I don't really know what to do now other than not take it as I am still having periods. Help anybody??

Dotty

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 06:22:14 PM »

Hi yes, anyone can use a continuous regime, but the likelihood is that you will get lots of breakthrough bleeding.

It’s impossible to say that you haven’t got many periods left in you…..some ladies are still having regular periods in their late 50s.

A continuous regime won’t hurt you, but the bleeding may be too much. x

NicMac

• First Flush
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 08:30:46 PM »

Thanks for your advice Dotty x