Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please have a look at the questionnaire page if you have a spare minute.

media

Author Topic: No idea what's going on!  (Read 907 times)

lizzog

No idea what's going on!
« on: November 11, 2021, 05:36:12 PM »

I'm on utrogeston and gel for HRT.  I had a period in May 2020 then nothing, and after almost a year, another one in May 2021 which prompted the bloods and also a transvaginal ultrasound to check there was nothing else going on.  The scan showed nothing, and the bloods showed that I was post menopausal according to my GP.
I had my second mirena coil removed on 10th September and not had another one fitted.  I didn't bleed at all after the removal.
I've been experiencing horrible hip pain on my left hand side in bed, which radiates down my leg, for the last couple of weeks.  A physio told me last week that this was tendinitis and wasn't an injury as such but caused by inflammation of the tendons in my glutes, and was common in menopausal women. I've had very sore boobs for a week, and lo and behold two days ago I started on a period.
I've tried to get a GP appointment, but this will be over the phone and not til the start of December!
Not really sure a/ what's going on and b/ if there's anything else I can do?
Not sure if the mirena removal has had something to do with this, or whether my levels of hormones have gone haywire.
Has anyone any words of wisdom to impart?

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
Re: No idea what's going on!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 06:05:33 PM »

It's awful even if we know the causation!  As oestrogen levels drop off so muscles may become lax = aches and pains . 

Something is kicking your hormones into upheaval.  It is probably the removal of the coil.  MayB put 'Mirena coil' into the search box?

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 06:14:53 PM »

It sounds to me that your own hormones have come back to life again. Maybe the last time, maybe not. I don't think the bloods mean much, they are notoriously unreliable in peri. I'd be inclined to believe the physio about your pain and follow any advice she gives you - in my experience they're usually right.
Even though meno is defined as a year without a bleed that's for safety in case a bleed has a more sinister cause, there are women who have a period more than a year later.

lizzog

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 08:30:20 PM »

Thanks both.
Yes it feels like a last hurrah for my hormones- let’s hope it is!!

CLKD

• changes can be scary, even when we want them
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 09:47:43 AM »

Let us know how you get on.  There's usually someone around.

lizzog

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2021, 01:46:39 PM »

Thanks - this forum has kept me sane for the last ten years (or more- I've honestly lost count!!).
I'm not sure what advice the GP can give, but will certainly see what the physio says.  I've postponed the appointment til next week to see how things settle down with my hormones and see if that affects my tendinitis - I'm pretty sure it will!