Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mobile version of the Forum Click here

media

Author Topic: Mirena & evorel sequi  (Read 1438 times)

LSmarty

Mirena & evorel sequi
« on: November 10, 2021, 07:57:48 AM »

Morning all

Ive been on evorel sequi for 3 months but found I still had symptoms so this week I had the mirena fitted again and my doctor has said to continue with the evorel in the mean time.
Anyone else on this combination and if so how are you finding it
Les xox

Dotty

Re: Mirena & evorel sequi
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2021, 11:24:01 AM »

Hi if you are taking Evorel Sequi alongside a Mirena coil you are getting a double whammy of progesterone. You would be better on an oestrogen only patch or tablet or gel. x

sheila99

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2021, 12:22:46 PM »

I agree with Dotty. The mirena gives you a higher dose than you need as it's designed for birth control not hrt, add to that the prog from the conti patches and you're getting far too much. As you still have symptoms after 3 months you may need a higher dose of oestrogen. You could ask for Evorel 75 patches (check the leaflet but I'm pretty sure the conti patches give you 50).

LSmarty

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 04:35:54 PM »

Hi ladies
I think exactly the same but my doc said you cant get higher patches  >:(

When I've previously had the mirena I was on premarin and the highest dose possible so hoping I can go back to that as it kept any symptoms at bay. Until the hormones drop in the mirena anyway.

Sorry for late reply my phone is getting repaired so not online as frequently  ::)

sheila99

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 05:49:13 PM »

Your doc is right that evorel conti only comes in 50mcg. The oestrogen only ones come (from memory) in 25,50, 75 and 100. Google Evorel 75. Then educate your doc.
 Have a look at the Treatments tab to see what's available.